Grandeur delays into Baltimore on the 15th

I just received a call from my travel agent. Grandeur is going to be delayed about 24 hours coming back from Bermuda. I don't remember the reason right off. We can get onboard at noon on Friday instead of Thursday. I assume this means the ship will get in about 7 am. We will also be missing St. Thomas (Monday's port of call). They are also giving us a $200.00 per person shipboard credit (don't know if that varies by the type of room you have).

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may be getting on this ship on the 15th or going to pick anyone up.

I just received a call from my travel agent. Grandeur is going to be delayed 24 hours coming back from Bermuda. I don't remember the reason right off. We can get onboard at noon on Friday instead of Thursday. We will also be missing St. Thomas (Monday's port of call). They are also giving us a $200.00 per person shipboard credit (don't know if that varies by the type of room you have).

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may be getting on this ship on the 15th or going to pick anyone up.

I remember a recent thread on the Celebrity portion of CC where a cruiser reported that they were delayed because of engine problems. That was in April. maybe its the same problem.

:confused:

I think it may be the same. I just hate posting something when I don't remember the exact conversation. The call took me so by surprise that part of the call slipped my mind before I could write it down.

I know we were on the Bermuda cruise last year that was about 4 1/2 hours late getting back into Baltimore as well. I guess we can't always win. This time it doesn't work out to bad for me. I had a kidney stone procedure at the end of lasat week. Thought I might have to cancel this cruise. One extra day to heal (if its going to be delayed) isn't bad if it means I'm still going to get on the ship. I always pack enough for an extra day or two. You never know what can happen. I feel bad for those who don't have the luxury of planning for something like this.

Probably still having propulsion problems but I wonder if the rough seas on the East Coast earlier this week might also be part of the issue.

Hope you have a great cruise despite the delay.

Thanks. I'm sure we will have a great time. We're fans of this ship. (7 times on it since October of 2005) and we're booked 4 times on it this summer out of Baltimore. We consider it our second home. It's so much fun to get on and see familiar faces and also to immediately know where things are.

Don't know for sure but I heard that the reason for the late arrival back in Baltimore is rough seas they have encountered on the way back from Bermuda.

Again this is just what I heard. Not sure how accurate but I'm wondering also if part of the problem is the same as a couple of weeks ago.

I have friends who are supposed to be boarding tomorrow for this cruise. They are bummed! I feel bad for them.

I just talked with my travel agent again. It is weather problems, not ship problems, that are causing the delays back into Baltimore. I'm bumed about not getting on tomorrow but at least its not a mechanical problem to worry about on the way out for the next cruise.

RCI has told me that the Grandeur is sailing at 7 knots instead of the normal 20 knots due to extreme wind conditions. The is NO Engine problems. . .

My Mom and Dad will be sailing on this 9 nt (now 8nt) E Caribbean cruise.

It has been confirmed that the St Thomas, USVI port will be missed.

The Grandeur is scheduled to arrive between 8-11PM on Thursday. She is scheduled to depart on 5 PM on Friday.

Passengers who are scheduled to sail on May 15th will be offered an OBC of $200 for Inside or Ocean View or $400 for Balcony, and above.

Current Grandeur passengers will be allowed to stay onboard overnight and debark on Friday between 7-10 AM. They will be offered 100/pp for flight reassignment fees, and Free Internet.

This info was given to me from a very freindly Rep at RCI when I called them just now. . .

I will offer more info as I receive it. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we were on the GOS April sailing and were delayed getting to Baltimore. we arrived 2:30ish instead at 7am... on thay sailing it was due to engine/mechanical problems.

the crew & staff were great. we played bingo (free) had lunch & chilled for the day until arriving.

I have friends of mine going on that sailing on the 15th......How come the itinerary change and late arrival is Not listed on the RCCL.com site..I would hate to call them and this not be true and they miss their ship..

Can you ask your friend Radio how come it isn't listed on the rccl.com site?

Before you board Section

then click Itinerary updates

Jimbo:)

I have friends of mine going on that sailing on the 15th......How come the itinerary change and late arrival is Not listed on the RCCL.com site..I would hate to call them and this not be true and they miss their ship..

Can you ask your friend Radio how come it isn't listed on the rccl.com site? >SNIP< Jimbo:)

I asked RCI the same thing, and they suggested that they recently found out, and are currently calling ALL Travel Agents, and Customers who are involved with the Sailing. They suggested that they would update the site as soon as possible. They will be sending me an email tonight also. . .

The RCI Rep was reading off of a letter that was prepared for her, while telling me the details. . .

Radio

I asked RCI the same thing, and they suggested that they recently found out, and are currently calling ALL Travel Agents, and Customers who are involved with the Sailing. They suggested that they would update the site as soon as possible. They will be sending me an email tonight also. . .

The RCI Rep was reading off of a letter that was prepared for her, while telling me the details. . .

Radio

I guess my friends are lucky in one way, they are just driving in the morning to the port in Baltimore, But when I just called them now neither Royal Caribbean or their Travel Agent called them yet. Disappointing:(

Jimbo:)

I'm not sure why the sites not updated either. My ta called about 4:30. She said she'd just been called and was calling all her clients that were scheduled to be on this ship. She'd tried my home phone and didn't reach me. She didn't want to leave a message like this on voice mail so tried me at work and got me. Fortunately I live 20 minutes from the pier so for me it means one day less off work (if I want to come in tomorrow). I'm in grad school and normally have to do some school work on the cruise. I may spend the day doing school work - less to have do on vacation.

Thanks. I'm sure we will have a great time. We're fans of this ship. (7 times on it since October of 2005) and we're booked 4 times on it this summer out of Baltimore. We consider it our second home. It's so much fun to get on and see familiar faces and also to immediately know where things are.

I am glad to hear that because I will be sailing her for the first time in Jan 09.

I hope you like it as well. We've also been on the Radiance, Enchantment, and Empress. It's funny to go on one of these ships and to enjoy them but to keep wanting to go "home" to Grandeur. It's also enjoyable (and amazing) that some of the people that work on board the ship have remained constant over that period. When they welcome you back by name a year later it is an amazing and welcoming experience.

No new update since last night. We are set to sail with her when she returns to port and RC did call us last night. Like pjlee, we are about 20 minutes from port so this is not much of an inconveniece to us. There is some talk over on the meet and mingle page for this sailing.

Current schedule someone posted at the meet and mingle thread on this subject

Friday boarding at noon leave at 4

Saturday/Sunday at sea

Monday San Juan 3:30-11

Tuesday Samana 10-6

Wednesday Labadee 8-4

Thursday/Friday at see

Saturday Baltimore

Archived