Compare Legend to Valor

gypsyrose

Trying to decide on 2010 cruise. They both go to the same ports, Belize, Roatan, Coz and Grand Cayman. Been on Conquest class and love. Need to compare to Spirit class. I've seen pics and the lido deck looks so crowded. I'm used to the stadium seating. Can someone compare the 2 with pros and cons. I believe they both have supper club and fish and chips. What else is there to consider when making decision? We will be booking a balcony and I noticed that some are recessed (?). Does that mean your view is blocked by your next door neighbor or that they can see onto your balcony extra super easy? Sorry for all the ??? but I know all my CC friends know the answers:D Thanks!!!!

We have been on both and they were both great vacations and ships.

Personally we liked the Legend better. I like the layout with the recessed cabins. It breaks up the hallways so you don't see from one end to the other. I also liked that we did not have cabins across from us. This cuts down on foot traffic and noise in general (cabin 5212.)

The buffet seating is mostly inside. Makes it feel more like a restaurant. On the Valor they have, if I remember more outdoor seating. We sailed the Legend during spring break, full ship and never felt crowded. Sailed the Valor full ship and it felt like it was a full ship.

Sorry no fish & chips on the Legend.

I say sail both ships at some point then pick your favorite!

Kelly

I had read that people who liked the spirit class said the ship never felt as crowded as a Conquest ship. It just seems that the stadium seating on Conquest would give more deck space than on the spirit. Just guessing as I just started research and have not seen many pics. Thanks for your reply.

I've been on both the Legend and Valor and liked the pool layout on the Valor better. The Legend had three pools that were pretty separated from each other so you couldn't hear or see what was going on at the other pools. Some people may like this, but I found that we kept moving our stuff between pools all day to hear the music, see the activities, find shade and use the slide. On the Valor we could pretty much stay in one spot. However, finding empty chairs on the Legend was much easier.

I found the Miracle (sister ship to Legend) to have less crowding and waiting in lines overall. The pool area is no more or less crowded than the Conquest class ships. The Valor now has the big screen on Lido if you're interested in that. One thing to consider before booking is the ports. Costa Maya will be up and running in the fall. I don't know what Carnival is going to do, but the Valor's original itinerary was Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya; Legend's original itinerary was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya, so if you're set on going to Roatan or Cozumel, that could factor into the decision. I would go on either ship in a heartbeat.

I was wondering about Costa Maya. Seems like for a cruise in 2010 they would have them listed if they were going there. I am really looking into this cruise since we haven't been to Roatan or Belize. I figure they would take away Coz for Costa. Do you think they would sub Roatan?????

Another ??? What is the interior like on the Legend? Does it have the tall atrium? What is the promenade like? Looking at the deck plans looks like it has the walkways on the outer part. What is the enchanted garden??

No Carnival itinerary lists Costa Maya yet. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what they will do when Costa Maya reopens, but I'd say that if you have your heart set on Roatan, I'd book the Valor since Roatan was always part of the itinerary. I seriously doubt they'd drop Coz from both itns. I also doubt that both ships will have the same ports when all is said and done.

I do like the way the Lido restaurant area is laid out better on the Valor. I think it flows better, and there's not so much waiting. There is a large tall atrium on the Legend. One other difference between the two ships is that there is only one dining room on the Spirit class vs the two on the Valor. Makes the Spirit class ships flow a little better. Promenade area on Valor is one deck with all the bars and lounges; the bars and lounges on Legend are spread out on two levels. The disco on the Spirit class ships are two levels and I personally like the Spirit class disco better than the Conquest class. As for the enchanted garden, I never made it to this part on the Miracle, so I can't help you here.

Tampa is easier to sail out of, and I personally like Tampa better than Miami, but not enough to sway me one way or the other.

Roaton was the substitute port (for the Legend) for Costa Maya when Costa closed because of the hurricane. Carnival has not said what ships will be going back to Costa and what ones will be staying with Roaton or any other changes yet. I am hoping they keep Roaton, it was beautiful and had awesome snorkling.

Yes the atrium is tall, it goes all the way up to the base of the funnel, shines through red when it is light out. It is a beautiful ship.

Promenade, same usual stores with same merchandise. Nothing really special.

Not sure what you mean about the walkways.

Enchanted Garden is a path around the follies lounge on the Atlantic deck. Has some seating in spots. It was a fun place for us to find and take a walk through.

Overall some say the decor is to dark. I liked it as it had a medieval feel to it. And it was a change from the bright colors that the other ships had. On the Atlantic deck, outside the chapel the stairway that leads down to the Legends cafe (coffee/deserts) is really beautiful! I can't wait to go again in November!

Kelly

have not been on legend but did Valor last fall and found it to be a dark and gloomy ship..did not care for it..only carnival ship i haven't liked and always felt crowded:cool:

Archived