Air Tran Schedule Feb '09

seamare

Does anyone know when Airtran will be releasing their flights from Feb 10' 09

Looking for airfare to Orlando in Feb - returning in March?

I just booked Feb 11th of 2009. That's the last day on the schedule. We got a good rate (I think) of $84 pp from Boston to Orlando. I was going to hold out for the 12th, but I have a feeling that day will be higher because it's just 2 days before February vacation week, and all the other airlines are showing a much higher rate. Better to be safe than sorry, and now we get an extra day's vacation too!B

We just booked the one way fare. When our return dates open up, we'll book the way back.

I just booked Feb 11th of 2009. That's the last day on the schedule. We got a good rate (I think) of $84 pp from Boston to Orlando. I was going to hold out for the 12th, but I have a feeling that day will be higher because it's just 2 days before February vacation week, and all the other airlines are showing a much higher rate. Better to be safe than sorry, and now we get an extra day's vacation too!B

We just booked the one way fare. When our return dates open up, we'll book the way back.

That's a nice rate plus taxes and fees to get you to Orlando. I'm also hoping Airtran will release the rest of Feb in the next few weeks as I've booked our Jan 31 flight from Buf to FLL though Jet Blue but hope to take Airtran or JetBlue back on Feb 13th. Airtran has a $69 plus taxes and fees flight for the 11th but I'm doubting their price will be so good for the 13th, but you never know until you get to see !;) Just watch your flight in the coming months as we've had flights canceled on Airtran and they've put us on other nonacceptable flights but I do have to say that they are very good about changing us to a different flight that we could live with without any hassle.

That's a nice rate plus taxes and fees to get you to Orlando. I'm also hoping Airtran will release the rest of Feb in the next few weeks as I've booked our Jan 31 flight from Buf to FLL though Jet Blue but hope to take Airtran or JetBlue back on Feb 13th. Airtran has a $69 plus taxes and fees flight for the 11th but I'm doubting their price will be so good for the 13th, but you never know until you get to see !;) Just watch your flight in the coming months as we've had flights canceled on Airtran and they've put us on other nonacceptable flights but I do have to say that they are very good about changing us to a different flight that we could live with without any hassle.

Do they contact you when they change you? or should I just keep checking in as time gets closer... We can't leave any earlier than we have scheduled (around 5PM), but would consider leaving first thing the next AM.

Do they contact you when they change you? or should I just keep checking in as time gets closer... We can't leave any earlier than we have scheduled (around 5PM), but would consider leaving first thing the next AM.

You should take a look, if possible every week or two, just to check. Most people have reported that they will contact you, but not until about a month before its time to fly. But if you catch it earlier yourself you have a better chance of changing to another flight that still has room and is acceptable for you. Like I said, while it was a pain to have them cancel our originally booked flight last Feb and move us to the last flight out of the day but I also found them very nice to work with in changing to a time we could live with or they would have willingly refunded us our money. We ended up flying in a day earlier so we got to start vacation two days before our cruise ! :)

You should take a look, if possible every week or two, just to check. Most people have reported that they will contact you, but not until about a month before its time to fly. But if you catch it earlier yourself you have a better chance of changing to another flight that still has room and is acceptable for you. Like I said, while it was a pain to have them cancel our originally booked flight last Feb and move us to the last flight out of the day but I also found them very nice to work with in changing to a time we could live with or they would have willingly refunded us our money. We ended up flying in a day earlier so we got to start vacation two days before our cruise ! :)

Thanks for the info!

We are flying into Orlando on Wednesday night and spending a few days in central FL before leaving on Sunday from FLL for our cruise. I am just going on the hope that the plane will be filled because it's so close to vacation and they won't cancel. And because we are booking so early and reserved our seats, I assume we would not be among the first bumped off the flight. On our last cruise we almost couldn't get out of here because of a snowstorm and there was no flight on any airline we could have gotten on because it was vacation time. We were lucky-our flight was the last one out before the airport closed.

Thanks for the info!

We are flying into Orlando on Wednesday night and spending a few days in central FL before leaving on Sunday from FLL for our cruise. I am just going on the hope that the plane will be filled because it's so close to vacation and they won't cancel. And because we are booking so early and reserved our seats, I assume we would not be among the first bumped off the flight. On our last cruise we almost couldn't get out of here because of a snowstorm and there was no flight on any airline we could have gotten on because it was vacation time. We were lucky-our flight was the last one out before the airport closed.

I will cross my fingers when I say this ;) , but never had a problem being bumped from an Airtran flight and I've not witnessed it happening on any of our flights but I know its likely it has happened to someone. We fly from Buffalo or Rochester so flying in Feb we have to consider the weather possibilites and that was why we didn't want the last flight out of the day since if anything went wrong for that flight there was no way we could get out until the day of the cruise and then we would have had to be lucky enough to find a flight and we weren't taking that chance ;) On the day we flew Airtran our connection was in Atlanta to Miami but most of the other airlines had connections on the east coast and there was a storm that day which had closed those airports so IF we had not booked Airtran we would not have left Buffalo that morning. YEAH, for Airtran !

Sue - sounds like we are on the same travel track. We are looking to fly from BOS to either MCO or FLL/MIA or even PBI on Feb. 10 or 11th and returning on the 21st. Can't decide where to fly in to so we haven't booked yet. What ship are you sailing?

Did you book Airtran from Boston? That rate sounds familiar. Waiting for them to open up the 21st return. I hate waiting!!!

Heather

Sue - sounds like we are on the same travel track. We are looking to fly from BOS to either MCO or FLL/MIA or even PBI on Feb. 10 or 11th and returning on the 21st. Can't decide where to fly in to so we haven't booked yet. What ship are you sailing?

Did you book Airtran from Boston? That rate sounds familiar. Waiting for them to open up the 21st return. I hate waiting!!!

Heather

The rates to MCO were cheaper. We booked to there because we're spending a few day in Central Fl before the cruise. I'd decide and book ASAP... Yes, we did book from Boston-couldn't pass up that fare!

The 21st just opened about 15 minutes ago, but just shows business class. How long does it take for them to release the other fares? I refuse to pay almost $500 pp for a 1 way ticket for 5 people. I'll drive home first, LOL...

We are on RCCL INdependence of the Seas Feb 15th. What ship are you on?

Archived