No loungers in cabins on Emerald

Nan-L

A heads up:

We always cruise in an aft cabin or on Carbie deck for one reason: loungers

On our cruise the end of March there are no loungers in any cabin except the wood ones in suites.

we asked for loungers to be put on our balcony and were refused. We were told they are no longer allowed.

A heads up:

We always cruise in an aft cabin or on Carbie deck for one reason: loungers

On our cruise the end of March there are no loungers in any cabin except the wood ones in suites.

we asked for loungers to be put on our balcony and were refused. We were told they are no longer allowed.

Those rooms have 3/4 loungers. And you were told correctly, the plastic loungers from the pool area are no longer allowed in the rooms.

Those rooms have 3/4 loungers. And you were told correctly, the plastic loungers from the pool area are no longer allowed in the rooms.

What are 3/4 loungers? We are in B748 on the Emerald in December. I'm sure my DH would love to have some kind of lounger on that aft view stateroom balcony.

3/4 loungers are chairs that partially recline, and there is a footstool for your feet. It has been sometime since Princess stopped the practice of bringing lounge chairs to staterooms, so this really isn't all that new.

3/4 loungers are chairs that partially recline, and there is a footstool for your feet. It has been sometime since Princess stopped the practice of bringing lounge chairs to staterooms, so this really isn't all that new.

Thanks Toto. I'm sure my DH will like the 3/4 loungers.

No on the newer ships ie: Emerald no longer have loungers, except suites. I checked the ships balcony while in ports to make sure it was true..no loungers!!

They used to have loungers on the caribe deck and the afts cabins.

I NEVER had to ask for loungers till this cruise when they were not there. On my cruise in Dec. on the CP I had loungers on our aft cabin, as I always have had in an aft cabin. As you can see I've cruised 5 times on Princess, all aft cabins and all had loungers till the Emerarld.

It was a real disappointment. I will not be sailing Princess as much because of it. We loved having the loungers on our balcony.., read, naps etc.

On the newer ships - book on Caribe deck. You will get two loungers, two upright chairs, and a table.
Not correct. You get two high-back lounge chairs, two chairs and a square table. The high-back lounge chairs have backs that go all the way back but they are NOT full loungers.

No on the newer ships ie: Emerald no longer have loungers, except suites. I checked the ships balcony while in ports to make sure it was true..no loungers!!

They used to have loungers on the caribe deck and the afts cabins.

I NEVER had to ask for loungers till this cruise when they were not there. On my cruise in Dec. on the CP I had loungers on our aft cabin, as I always have had in an aft cabin. As you can see I've cruised 5 times on Princess, all aft cabins and all had loungers till the Emerarld.

It was a real disappointment. I will not be sailing Princess as much because of it. We loved having the loungers on our balcony.., read, naps etc.

Two words: Star fire. Ever since the fire on the Star, the balcony furniture was changed to non-flammable and full loungers not allowed. Not only aren't there loungers but you are not allowed to leave anything on the balconies. Sorry you were disappointed but this has been discussed many, many times on the boards over the past two years.

The Star fire...They now have sprinklers systems on all ships on the balconies because of it.

It has been talked about, but the info was always wrong. As I said above I cruised on Dec. 2nd 07 and had loungers on my aft cabin...then on newer ship they don't have them anywhere.

The main propblem I have is the 3/4 loungers are made of the same material as the loungers and the loungers are not that much bigger.

Archived