Italian Food on HAL??

mikjr

As an Italian... I love my Italian food. That's one thing I really enjoy on the Princess cruiselines, since they seemed to specialize in Italian dishes.

I'm just wondering what the specialties are on HAL... and of course I'm interested in how the Italian food is.

We'll be on the Stantendam later this year.

thanks... Mike

Hi Mike: I am also Italian ( half anyway) and I found most of the Italian food to be quite good. Not like Mama makes it, but tolerable. The Osso Bucco is quite good as is the Spaghetti Puttenesca for an example.

You will enjoy.

As an Italian... I love my Italian food. That's one thing I really enjoy on the Princess cruiselines, since they seemed to specialize in Italian dishes.

I'm just wondering what the specialties are on HAL... and of course I'm interested in how the Italian food is.

thanks... Mike

Not sure what they will have on the statendam, but for future reference: the vista class ships have a separate Italian station that can make various pastas cooked on the spot, and it's open pretty much the whole day...

Hi Mike: I am also Italian ( half anyway) and I found most of the Italian food to be quite good. Not like Mama makes it, but tolerable. The Osso Bucco is quite good as is the Spaghetti Puttenesca for an example.

You will enjoy.

Hi Kakalina... thanks for the info. i'm not much of a red meat eater... so I like the fish, and when the fish doesn't make, I always order pasta. I'll take a pasta dish over a steak anytime.

Can't wait for September 25!

mike

On our last few cruises there has been a pasta entree on the menu every night in the dinning room, some are very tasty, some are just passable. I believe on the last night on the Ryndam (sister ship to the Statendam) they had a stuff ravioli with lobster sauce that was outstanding, so good I had two helpings, and I never do that. I agree with you, good pasta trumps steak anytime.

That is a nice cruise you will be on, we are doing the one before yours coming down the PC from Vancouver on the Statendam.

On our last few cruises there has been a pasta entree on the menu every night in the dinning room, some are very tasty, some are just passable. I believe on the last night on the Ryndam (sister ship to the Statendam) they had a stuff ravioli with lobster sauce that was outstanding, so good I had two helpings, and I never do that. I agree with you, good pasta trumps steak anytime.

That is a nice cruise you will be on, we are doing the one before yours coming down the PC from Vancouver on the Statendam.

Melody, weren't those WONDERFUL! I also are two helpings which is very rare. It was truly outstanding. The also had some amazing seafood crepes with a lobster sauce that was to die for.

thanks... Mike

I agree...Sabatini's on Princess is a wonderful dining experience!

Melody, weren't those WONDERFUL! I also are two helpings which is very rare. It was truly outstanding. The also had some amazing seafood crepes with a lobster sauce that was to die for.

Kakalina, I had that too, those crepes were fabulous, can't wait to get back on a ship and experience them again............

Archived