How Long Does It Take to Disembark?

GTO-Girl

I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but I'm not having any luck doing a search today.

We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Wonder in November. I already know that the ship must clear before anyone can get off but I was wondering if Disney does a speedier job at this than some of the other lines.

We would like to schedule a post-cruise tour but I don't want to do this if it takes a long time for us to get off.

Thanks

Dianne

I'm not sure what's typical. I've heard they require everyone be off the ship by 9am. I think if you have early dining you then have early breakfast and it's easy to get off right after. Yesterday things seemed jammed up. We ate from 8:15 to 9:15 or so, then waited around in a line in the atrium to disembark and I wasn't outside the terminal until 10. I got a rental car and picked up my family at 10:30.

On our last cruise on RCI we had a tour planned, so we asked for early embarkation luggage tags. We were able to get off with the groups that had early flights, etc. so we were off the ship and in our shuttle a little after 7:00am.

Just wondered if this was possible on Disney....

Thanks again

Dianne

On Disney, you leave when you want too. if you have early seating, your breakfast time is earlier. 630 maybe? if you want a sit down breakfast.

On our cruise in Oct, we had breakfast at Beach blanket, and then we walked right off the ship to where our luggage was. We asked for a porter and then we cleared customs. whole process took 10 -15 minutes tops. :) You cant ask for anything more simple.

I wish all cruise lines would follow Disneys lead.

There is no sitting around waiting for your color to be called.

On Disney, you leave when you want too. if you have early seating, your breakfast time is earlier. 630 maybe? if you want a sit down breakfast.

On our cruise in Oct, we had breakfast at Beach blanket, and then we walked right off the ship to where our luggage was. We asked for a porter and then we cleared customs. whole process took 10 -15 minutes tops. :) You cant ask for anything more simple.

I wish all cruise lines would follow Disneys lead.

There is no sitting around waiting for your color to be called.

That sounds wonderful....but I guess I'm just surprised there's not a problem with everyone trying to get off at the same time. (I'm just going by the experience I have had on other lines......trust me it was not a pretty sight:eek: )

We figure that when it's over.....it's over and so we are anxious to go ahead and get off....:( and I guess everyone's not an "early bird" like we are.

Thanks again for the info....

On our last cruise we didn't want it to be over so after our breakfast we sat around and watched people leave. :) Our car also wasn't picking us up until 9.

Once we decided we were ready (around 8:30 maybe?) we walked right off, had a porter grab our luggage and basically walked right out and to our waiting car.

Jim

I didn't find it long at all. We had late sitting and went for breakfast as they suggested, left the dining room and headed right off the ship. I think customs took about 15-20 minutes. We were whisked onto the shuttle to the airport and I am sure we were in Orlando by 10:30 am.

Archived