Norwegian Jade - Laundry

I have read on another cruise review site that although there is a passenger laundry on the Jade it is well hidden. Does anyone know if there is in fact a passenger laundry and, if so, where is it.

Thanks

Hidden in dry dock. The passenger laundries were removed when the POHI went into drydock and was converted to the Jade.

Thats what I thought until I read this (taken from review on other site)

"The buffet layout was poor, shutting down during 'teatime' - no signage to advise where snacks could be had. (they were available, but it was a well kept secret, as was the launderette)."

It just made me think there was a hidden launderette.

But they still do have the all you can stuff into the bag laundry service?? Is it still $25?? I stuffed an entire weeks worth of mine and my husbands clothes in there and they came back perfect.

"The buffet layout was poor, shutting down during 'teatime' - no signage to advise where snacks could be had. (they were available, but it was a well kept secret, as was the launderette)."

What site did you read the review on, myusernameisgone? We are on a Jade B2B in Jan/Feb 2009 and would like to find out for sure. Perhaps they meant it was such a well-kept secret because it does not exist anymore?

Not to worry you won't go hungry. When the inside Garden Cafe is closed normally the Great Outdoors stays open. Also you have two grills poolside decks 12 and 13 and don't forget Blue Lagoon. May not be signage but if a passenger can read they give you a Freestyle Daily every night that includes the hours of all the food areas.

You could do what we do. Take "disposable" clothing that gets left behind to make room for purchases. (We do our Christmas Shopping on these trips but with the srrent exchange rate that might not happen......)

At any rate if they want to clean and keep it or donate it to an orphanage that's their business.

You could do what we do. Take "disposable" clothing that gets left behind to make room for purchases. (We do our Christmas Shopping on these trips but with the srrent exchange rate that might not happen......)

At any rate if they want to clean and keep it or donate it to an orphanage that's their business.

Good suggestion, but since we are on a long B2B I am hoping they still have the one price laundry bag special (surely this would be less $$'s than buying new clothes!) as we would like to just reuse our clothing from one cruise to the next..but would prefer them to be clean!

We sailed on the Jade in April 2008 - 12 day- Istanbul to Athens. About 5 days into the cruise, we were offered an all you can stuff into a bag laundry special for $15. There was no pressing, just wash and fold. I expected that there would be another offer later in the cruise, but there was not. There was no offer for a special on the pressed laundry service and there is no self-serve laundry on board.

The cabin steward said that it varied with each sailing and he never knew when the laundry offer would be made. Nevertheless, I stuffed my bag full on the only time it was offered and managed to get through the cruise with clean clothes.

The ship is very nice. The restaurants are good to slightly above average overall. I was disappointed in Cagney's. The Asian restaurant was excellent. Entertainment was lacking. Never saw the cruise director...that function was down-played with Freestyle 2.0.

The improvements to bedding were very nice. It was very comfortable.

Overall it was a very enjoyable cruise. Much improved over my last NCL experience.

Thanks for the info 007! I will be looking for that laundry bag special! We will try to pack clothing that don't require pressing. Hopefully it will be offered later than just five days into our nine day cruise, but when I see it I will jump on it! The second leg of our B2B cruise is for 12 days so I am hoping I can take advantage of the special somewhere at approximately the middle. Those weight restrictions on luggage will force us to pack light!

The new bedding sounds NICE!! Funny how cruises vary. Our March cruise on the Jewel had the very best entertainment we EVER had on a cruise ship!

Archived