Mercury Penthouse Deck & Alaska viewing

flashdog_1

Aft, on penthouse deck, next to the family ocean views over the wake, I see what I think must be an open air staircase on both sides. Can passengers walk up there to the little pool on the resort deck to get a drink or food, or is that just a staircase for crew? I remember those staircases on old Century. Any one of them would have made a nice viewing area for Alaska. Tell me it's true on Mercury! (but tell me the truth if it's not). ha Anyone recently on Mercury, were there people out there for viewing? Thanks

You can indeed use those staircases to zip up to the resort deck--very convenient if you live on the penthouse deck. Before they put those aft cabin balconies in there, you had a whole private deck back there which no one ever seemed to discover. There are still areas on each side by the stairs that have some loungers. There are pictures somewhere showing the post conversion configuration. We were on the Mercury prior to the conversion and we loved our private deck! Have a wonderful time in Alaska!

Thanks. Glad to know I read the deck plans correctly.

It appears you can go from the Sky Deck down to the Penthouse Deck on those stairs, too. On the Sky Deck by the basketball courts I suppose you could see some vistas, as well.

Archived