Where did the contract go?

Monkeythyme

I have logged on to the Carnival Cruiselines Embarkation Portal several times this month for the purpose of completing my check-in. I am complete except for "accepting cruise contract", but when I try to complete that final step the box that is supposed to contain the contract language is blank.

Is there a problem with Carnival's site, or is five months out just too soon to complete that step? Or could it be they just want us all to sign a blank contract?

Does anyone out there know what the problem is? There are two other couples sailing with us, and they are both drawing a blank too.

Are you using Firefox or IE?

You beat me to it! I was also going to suggest IE...because the Carnival docs thingy didn't work in Firefox for me, but IE did. ;)

You beat me to it! I was also going to suggest IE...because the Carnival docs thingy didn't work in Firefox for me, but IE did. ;)

I used Firefox and did not have a problem with my Fun Pass, but then that was last August so perhaps there was not a problem then. I have noticed that Firefox does not like Carnival soft wear.

You didn't mention if your final pymt has been made.. just wondering if that maybe the issue:confused:

I think you have it! My mind must be on vacation. They won't be charging my final payment until 60 days before. Thanks.

Now, does anybody know how to delete a thread?

I used Firefox and did not have a problem with my Fun Pass, but then that was last August so perhaps there was not a problem then. I have noticed that Firefox does not like Carnival soft wear.

Thanks everybody. I think KruznKel has ID'd the problem. I do use FireFox, but have not had any problem with the embarkation portal when booking previous Carnival cruises. I just never booked this far ahead, so have never tried to complete the process before final payment.

I think you have it! My mind must be on vacation. They won't be charging my final payment until 60 days before. Thanks.

Now, does anybody know how to delete a thread?

Hope that is the issue.. anytime you would like to delete a thread you can click on the triangle in the right hand corner of your post.. and type a msg to the mod's..

Albeit this could be good info to others that do the same.. if that is infact the case.. you could come back to the thread once final pymt has been made and give an update;)

I, also, experienced no problem whatsoever when doing the funpass et al for our 4 Carnival cruises in 2005 and 2006. However, this year had to use IE when preparing for the Miracle on May 1st. :rolleyes:.

I, also, experienced no problem whatsoever when doing the funpass et al for our 4 Carnival cruises in 2005 and 2006. However, this year had to use IE when preparing for the Miracle on May 1st. :rolleyes:.

The only issue I have experienced with Firefox is viewing and printing docs.. not completing the funpass;)

Hopefully the OP will come back and try it using IE.. and it will work..

I'm baaaaack.

I clicked on "continue" and it now shows I have accepted the contract. Since I have a printed copy from my Fantasy cruise last month, I can read the contract, but it is still blank on my screen.

I will go sip some green tea and meditate for a while to slow my thoughts and increase my patience, then I will use ********** IE and give it another try.;)

Yes, since they just did the updated web site is when things didn't work. I have both and it didn't work on F but did when I switched to IE.

Yes, since they just did the updated web site is when things didn't work. I have both and it didn't work on F but did when I switched to IE.

Sure enough. I took a deep breath and waited................................while IE found the web address, then I went to the "accept contract" page and the contract did display. Firefox worked in February, but I have downloaded an "upgrade" to Firefox since then. Of course, I have only two choices anyway, accept the contract or stay home, so I guess it really doesn't matter what it says anyway.:)

I will go sip some green tea and meditate for a while to slow my thoughts and increase my patience, then I will use ********** IE and give it another try.;)

LMAO!! Absolutely hysterical. This is something my SO would say because he detests all things Microsoft. :D.

LMAO!! Absolutely hysterical. This is something my SO would say because he detests all things Microsoft. :D.

I agree it is kind of funny, but I must plead that I have traditionally been pro-Microsoft. I still remember before MS-DOS when IBM and Apple were locked in a proprietary war and bent on either having it all or killing the whole personal computer concept in the process. Microsoft opened up the their system to all software developers and created system-wide compatibility, so I feel some loyalty to them.

Having said that, I also have to concede that the current Mac system will run Microsoft programs faster than either Microsoft Vista or XP, and that Microsoft IE just last year introduced features that Netscape and Firefox had a couple of years prior. I still use a PC [with XP], but I am hooked on Firefox. The latest version of IE may be comparable, but a bit too late for me.

Bill

Archived