Transportation and dining questions

kellig

When our cruise ends in Seward, we are going to go to the Alaska Sealife center and then take a boat tour in the Kenai fjords. Anyone know how to get from the ship to these places, and what to do with luggage? The Renown tours guy told us to take the Hertz renal car bus, but we aren't renting a car from them, so I thought this was a weird suggestion.

We figured we'd eat a good fresh seafood lunch in Ketchikan, any recommendations? Any must eat seafood restaurants in Juneau, Skagway, or Anchorage that I should not miss out on? Most of the time I plan on eating dinner on the ship, just to save a few $$$, and many of our day plans have us pretty busy in Juneau and Skagway, but I could rearrange for a MUST EAT AT place.

You will drop off your bags at Renown, then continue to the Sealife Center. It may be the Hertz shuttle is for Renown?? I know that the Kenai Fjords (Alaska Heritage) shuttle a few years ago kind of shuttled around town, asked me if I needed a "lift" when waiting for my B&B pick up. Otherwise just take a cab to both, the wait for the bag storage should be only a couple minutes, then you can continue to the Sealife Center.

I really like the Showcase for halibut in Seward. In Juneau, Thane Ore House and Twisted Fish on the dock. Anchorage Glacier Brewhouse, Snow Cafe, Moose's Tooth. Many many others.

Archived