Please help with Nassau beach selection

krob

Help - Leaving this Saturday ... Could someome please suggest a beach in Nassau that we could use for the day that also supplies chairs/umbrellas? How about hotels that offer day passes to cruiseship passengers besides Atlantis? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We really enjoyed the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. Day pass was $10 last summer. Beach was clean and very quiet,peaceful. There's also a pool and outdoor rest/bar. Easy walk from the pier. Would go tere again if we return to Nassau.

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island is really nice. You can get a cab right at the end of the pier. Tell them Cabbage Beach. It is about a 3 minute walk from where the cab lets you off and there is a line of cabs waiting to take you back to the boat at the end of the day. No charge for the beach. There is a hotel right next to the beach (I think the Sheraton) if you need anything.

I am taking one of my duaghters friends on our cruise in june, she is always at the beach here in New Smyrna Beach. My question is is there a beach with palm trees, the white sand and azure colored ocean? This would send her over the top. She has pictures on the fridge and would go wild to be on a beach like this. Thanks, cruisin'gal

An earlier post by another member suggested visiting Club Med Paradise Island. (In Nassau...a short cab ride supposedly.) I emailed them and they said, depending on how full the resort is, they DO grant day passes. Call (1) 242 363 26 40 for prices and availability. You can visit the Club Med website for a "virtual tour" of the place.

Carnival Imagination 4/00

Holland America Veendam 3/03

Archived