Really only one outlet?

Counting the days and hours until I sail on the Enchantment and trying to get everything in order. I think I have read on here somewhere along the way that a few of you have reported that there is only one electrical outlet/plug in the stateroom and to bring a power strip with you. Is that correct? Not even one in the bathroom? Thanks for your input!

Not entirely positive about Enchantment... we'll be on her in August so I'm curious too...

I think a lot of people bring power strips because of the number of plug-in devices they bring along... cell phone chargers, cameras, curling irons, etc... Even if there is an outlet in the bathroom and in the stateroom, that's still a lot of devices to need plugged in at one time...

Yeah, we won't have much to plug in - we were looking to plug in a night light at nighttime and then will just be using the hairdryer the other times, maybe charging up my husbands blackberry. We don't require much, just want to know in advance.

They have hair dryers in each stateroom... though I have to admit, they aren't going to compare to whatever you use at home... especially if you have long hair... then you definitely want your own!

We have never taken a power strip and as of yet, have not needed it... quite frankly, the bathrooms are so tiny that whatever you would (if you can) plug into the bathroom outlet, would kind of monopolize the space in there...

Still, I'm hoping someone will come along and let us know... :)

On every ship we've been on there has only been one electrical outlet, located on the desk. We've never had a problem, as we don't bring a lot of things that need to be plugged in. Travel clocks are battery operated, and other than recharging our cell phones, it's never been an issue. I know people who take power strips with them because they have lots of "stuff" to plug in.

We always take along a small surge protector(4 outlet) to use as an extension cord. We just leave it plugged into the outlet on the desk and use it for charging cameras, batteries and to plug in the laptop.

Some cruisers bring a power strip to provide extra outlets at the desk if they think they will have more stuff to plug in than the single outlet will handle. We bring an extension cord because I need to plug in my cpap machine (for sleep apnea) next to the head of the bed. If you want to have an outlet available somewhere other than at the desk, bring an extension cord.

David

We have never taken a power strip and as of yet, have not needed it... quite frankly, the bathrooms are so tiny that whatever you would (if you can) plug into the bathroom outlet, would kind of monopolize the space in there...

Still, I'm hoping someone will come along and let us know... :)

Well I travel with kids....game boys, dvd players, cell phone charger, camera charger, lap top....need to make sure everything is charged for the trip home!

Not on this particular ship, but Grandeur and Radiance cruises have led me to this electrical service improvement:

Add to your luggage - 1 multioutlet power strip WITH on/off switch & surge protection. I prefer those with the plug-in facing the side rather than in-line to maximize the number of available outlets to use as some chargers will block adjacent outlets.

Why? 120v power is needed for cell-phone, PC, iPod and/or speakers, nightlight, and other personal items.

Note - it is the responsibility of your cabin steward to report any unsafe items in your cabin - and the security officer on-board the ships we have sailed will only allow a 'protected' multi-outlet strip. AND I ALWAYS pull the multi-outlet plug from the receptical at the desk when we are out of or away from the cabin.

1 outlet, 2 plugs. We've never needed a power-strip, although once, we had to bring a heating pad, and also brought an extension cord so that the heating pad could be used in the bed or on the chair.

Seldom does anything need to be plugged in all the time!

• 1 month later...

Can't remember if the one outlet has the 3-prong type connector or not. I just found a multi-outlet adapter with night light and thought it would come in handy as so many folks have mentioned how dark the inside cabins are, but it has the 3-prong connector.

Archived