Rebate checks = cruise? Probably not

Mikel1733

Most of ours went to Delta Airlines.... we planned for this cruise over a year ago and are not about to cancel it despite high prices everywhere. But it will be the last for a while so we are going to enjoy ourselves and live it up!

Cruiselover999, funny you should mention your washer, mine went out today! Yikes! Looks like the rest will be spent on a new washer...:rolleyes:

I don't know what I'm going to do with mine yet. If I can get a GREAT last minute deal this summer than I will take my girls on a 4 or 5 day. If that doesn't happen I'll probably just use it for a down payment for a cruise next summer.

I used mine for plane tickets. Unfortunately, I'm not going on a cruise this year. But I saw a deal from Colorado to NY for 300pp that I couldn't pass up. I'm gonna go visit some friends. That stimulates the economy, right? :)

Cruiselover999, funny you should mention your washer, mine went out today! Yikes! Looks like the rest will be spent on a new washer...:rolleyes:

I am sorry that both of your washers went out. Mine is on it's way. It will fill up and stop. I have to go in and give it a good whack on the lid so it will continue the wash. I hope it can last a little longer.

I'm just glad we're not getting a "stimulus/rebate" check at all, and I'm certainly looking at the glossy cruise books piled up at home.... :p

We're not getting it either. I don't know that I'm glad because if you want to stimulate the economy then give it to everyone, then it would truly be a real "rebate" and not an entitlement. We would have spent it on something. We haven't changed our plans and we're getting brochures left and right from several lines.

I am sorry that both of your washers went out. Mine is on it's way. It will fill up and stop. I have to go in and give it a good whack on the lid so it will continue the wash. I hope it can last a little longer.

My washing machine is leaking. My dryer takes 4 hours to dry a load. My freezer is leaking as well. The transmission went out in our 2003 Honda Civic hybrid with only 30K miles on it. This has all happened over the course of the past 5 days! :eek: I'd book a cruise just to get away from it all but with the way my luck is going, I'll end up sinking the ship!

We're moving in two weeks so we're trying to make due with the broken appliances as we have bought new ones to be put in the new house. Now if Honda just picks up the tab on the car repair.... ;)

My washing machine is leaking. My dryer takes 4 hours to dry a load. My freezer is leaking as well. The transmission went out in our 2003 Honda Civic hybrid with only 30K miles on it. This has all happened over the course of the past 5 days! :eek: I'd book a cruise just to get away from it all but with the way my luck is going, I'll end up sinking the ship!

We're moving in two weeks so we're trying to make due with the broken appliances as we have bought new ones to be put in the new house. Now if Honda just picks up the tab on the car repair.... ;)

Isn't the Honda under warranty?

I sure wish our rebate was enough to pay for our cruise! Actually, we used it to pay for the airfare to get to Miami for our cruise. Who am I kidding, we would've gone anyway!! lol :p Feels good to know "uncle sam" paid for our airfare. :rolleyes:

I used mine for plane tickets. Unfortunately, I'm not going on a cruise this year. But I saw a deal from Colorado to NY for 300pp that I couldn't pass up. I'm gonna go visit some friends. That stimulates the economy, right? :)

My typical shopping tab in NYC alone could stimulate the economy! lol I love NYC!

I hope you have a great time.

We are actually going on a cruise completely paid by the federal government: rebate check and 2000 dollars I got paid for learning how to teach social studies! Woo hoo! Should we have saved it for a rainy day? Heck yeah. However, we wanted to go on another cruise before we get pg (that was our last idea, too), so we chose to blow it!

You poor thing! I hope Honda covers the repair costs for you! Ugh!

My check went into the vacation fund.

We live rather simply in other aspects of our lives (small house, old paid-for car for me, new but small and gas-frugal car for the SO, etc) so cruising/travel is our one big splurge in life.

My check went into the vacation fund.

We live rather simply in other aspects of our lives (small house, old paid-for car for me, new but small and gas-frugal car for the SO, etc) so cruising/travel is our one big splurge in life.

Yes, vacationing is where I splurge as well. My car is 6 years old. I don't see a new car any time soon. It's been paid off for years. (Although, I'm beginning to think with gas prices the way they are maybe I should get a smaller car.)

Archived