Leaving in less than a week ..Need boarding help

Im sort of a nervous wreck about the situation. My wife and i are cruinising with another couple to Alaska in less than a week. We are doing a few days in AK before the cruise starts. The problem is that my friend and I really want to go fishing. The only time we were able to book it was the actually day our cruise leaves out of Seward on the 30th. The wives really wanted us to go fishing also, so they offered to board the ship without us and take care of everything on the ship.

We called RCCL and they said that it wouldn't be a problem. We would probably not be boarding until about 5:30ish. My question was, Is there a list or can someone give advice as to what they can do while the are on the ship. I read a few threads a while back regarding this but the search function is down. Things like :Check you dining room arrangements and check with the"someone" for upgrades.. Go to the WindSong ...Any help would br great ...

They will explore the ship, and this is always so much fun anyways, they can have lunch when they get onboard, start looking around, hopefully your luggage will get there early and they can start unpacking, they can always go to the spa for a tour and decide on a spa treatment. I know that on my first day I just enjoy relaxing and looking around.

If you are planning to eat in any of the specialty restaurants... that would be a good time for them to make the reservations...

Checking out your dining room table is another one...

Otherwise, boarding time is a good time to get the lay of the ship...

Upon boarding they will receive a Cruise Compass for the day's events with activities and things to do during that time...

Will you be onboard in time for the muster drill... Keep in mind that everyone must be onboard by a certain time, not the time that the ship leaves... I believe this is currently 90 minutes before the ship departs...

Just remember the new rules are that you MUST be on the ship 90 minutes before sailing. Don't know what time the ship sails, but if you're boarding at 5:30 that means the ship can't sail before 7:00 or after.

Just checked and the ship doesn't sail until 9:00, so you're fine.

They can go to the Windjammer for lunch, check where your table is in the dining room, get in the cabin after 1300, make spa reservations, explore the ship, unpack if the luggage gets there and set a time and place to meet you after you board. They could even be waiting in the lobby for you with an adult beverage if you know about when you will board.

Of course, they could find a great bartender and have enough beverages that they forget about you.

They won't have any trouble finding things to occupy them! (You don't have to be present for the women to have fun!)

Tell them to board, find a bar, have a drink, and explore! That should kill several hours!

Thanks so much for all of your help. The ship leaves at 9 so I think we will be ok..I just want to make sure the girls take care of everything like booking the restaurants, checking out the Dining room arrangements and whatever else, because im sure their first priority is going to be straight to the first bar they see.... They are doing us a huge favor but I don't want to run on the ship and have to run around and stuff ....I actually would love to jump on the ship ..run to the first bar we see and reminisce about the 120 Halibut I caught .....Anyone have experience checking in without all of the parties present.....????

Archived