Heathrow Hotel?

We stayed at the Flemings Mayfair several years ago. It was very charming and had a great restaurant downstairs. It was our first choice because it was one of the few hotels in London which was air-conditioned. It is very centrally located- within walking distance of the tubes, parks,theater district, tons of restuarants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ya!

When hubby and I go to visit the U.K. we book ahead the Travelodge; here is their link :http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

We have stayed for as little as 15 British Pounds a night, but around the airports they will be 26 - 29 British Pounds a night.

This past summer, I arrived one day pre-cruise in London.

I stayed at the new Jury's Inn Heathrow. It was super close to the Hatton Cross station. No problem with luggage.

The price was great.

The room was large and clean

The staff was friendly and helpful

• 1 month later...
I adored the daylight flight, it was brilliant, we were served lunch and a snack before landing. Luggage came off very fast and we checked in at the Jury's Inn around 10:15pm. Then we had a good nights sleep and we were on the right time in the morning. The daylight flights are the only way to go.

I did a private transfer to Southampton because we did sightseeing along the way.

Casshew what service did you use on for your sightseeing trip from Heathrow to Southampton? I am thinking of doing the same on our way to the terminal - Windsor Castle and Stonehenge. Thanks

There are also 2 public buses, routes 482 and 490 that each run every 10-15 minutes from T5 to Hatton Cross via Terminal 4 and these are FREE and seemingly only ever have a handful of passengers. You get these from the bus stand in front of arrivals at T5 and they go until midnight.

handfordr:

I plan to take the tube from London to Hatton Cross, walk over to Jury's to spend one night (good price on laterooms dot com). Does your statement above mean I could catch the public bus from the tube for free to get to T4 the next morning?

Thanks.

handfordr:

I plan to take the tube from London to Hatton Cross, walk over to Jury's to spend one night (good price on laterooms dot com). Does your statement above mean I could catch the public bus from the tube for free to get to T4 the next morning?

Thanks.

Yes, the public buses are free around the airport perimeter roads, but can be difficult with lots of luggage.

Thanks Tim.

I am assuming that my one pull bag and one overnighter (over the shoulder) should not be too bad on the free bus. Am I correct?

Unless it's raining, I'd rather spend my money on the breakfast.

Correct, you'll be comfortable on the bus. Mind you, it's only a very short distance, about 5 minutes.

The current Heathrow free bus map suggests that the current buses between Hatton Cross and Terminal 4 are the 482, 490 and 555/557.

It's worth looking at the bus timetables, as well, to see the likely frequency at the time you want to travel. Some of those routes appear to run only once or twice an hour. And on a pre-pay Oyster, the trip is only £1.10 by Tube.

Worth noting that the Jurys Inn isn't exactly next door to Hatton Cross Underground/Bus Station. With luggage its a 10 minute walk.

If it is raining - check out with reception for the price of a taxi to T4.

If there are two or more of you (last summer anyway) it was cheaper to get a local cab to T4 than use the Hoppa Bus or Underground, both 4 GBP per person and the Hoppa Bus only runs onec an hour from the Jurys Inn

Archived