Need help from the RCI folks.

Greetings everyone. The Fiance and I are frequent Carnival cruisers, however she has decided to take a cruise on Sovereign OTS for a bachelorette party with a group of her girlfriends. They need it to be short, and over the weekend, so she has narrowed it down to the 3 day sailing to Nassau and Coco Cay.

She is trying to decide on the type of cabins. Her choices are to put two people in each interior room, or four in each OV room. The price difference is about $40 pp/pd more for the OV.

I don't really have much advice for her other than square footage info that I gleaned from cruisedeckplans.com. My first thought was to go with the two per interior room just because of the cost, but she likes having the OV. I was hoping for some help from folks that have sailed her before.

I understand her liking the OV more, however, I question 4 women trying to use one bathroom! If it were me I'd go for the interior rooms. They won't be spending that much time in the room anyway!! Good luck and happy sailing!! Happy wedding also!!:)

Compared to an inside or OV on Sensation (I saw it in your cruise history) it will be TINY. As in, open the door, practically hit the bed tiny. :eek:

I know she won't be in the cabin that long...but 4 women in that small space...I can't imagine.

Greetings everyone. The Fiance and I are frequent Carnival cruisers, however she has decided to take a cruise on Sovereign OTS for a bachelorette party with a group of her girlfriends. They need it to be short, and over the weekend, so she has narrowed it down to the 3 day sailing to Nassau and Coco Cay.

She is trying to decide on the type of cabins. Her choices are to put two people in each interior room, or four in each OV room. The price difference is about $40 pp/pd more for the OV.

I don't really have much advice for her other than square footage info that I gleaned from cruisedeckplans.com. My first thought was to go with the two per interior room just because of the cost, but she likes having the OV. I was hoping for some help from folks that have sailed her before.

An OV or inside on the Sovereign is about 65% of the size of a Carnival cabin. This is an OV cabin on the sister ship, Monarch of the Seas ...

2933435660095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2935446910095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

I would say that depends on the size, age, and how close those women are. I did a cruise with three older women (good friend and sister) in an OV. We did okay, but if I would have had a fourth I would have gotten another room. If they are not all cruisers I would go with the interior for sure. Window scared my friend that never cruised before. We did okay with the one bath and one make up area, but we don't spend as much time as younger people. The top bunks are okay, don't take up as much room.

The beds can be configured differently - essentially hugging two of the walls. Look at the first picture that shows the bolster attached to the wall. One bed goes underneath it and the other underneath the bolster under the porthole. That will atleast give them a little walking around room. However, as has been said, these rooms are tiny. I felt crowded with just one girlfriend when I was in one on the Majesty in 2003.

Look at the first picture that shows the bolster attached to the wall. One bed goes underneath it and the other underneath the bolster under the porthole.
Thank you, Vicki! I was wondering what the heck that was in the picture. :p ;)

I've never been in an inside cabin - but the ov is not bad for 2. On a 3 night cruise you don't spend much time in the cabin. If they are like the bachelorett (sp) group we saw on Sovereign a few years ago - :eek: :eek: ! they won't ever see the cabin.

So if they must - go with the 2 inside cabins. Like another poster mentioned - go with connecting.

I definitely agree that having connecting rooms with people you know makes them feel larger.

There is no way that I would put 4 women in one room - OV or not! Sharing a bathroom would be a nightmare... heck, I've heard it's hard enough with 2 adults and 2 children - let alone 4 adult women.

The interior rooms, while small, were comfortable and not bad for a 3 day cruise. One warning though, if you have a room far upfront the sound of the tie lines going down in Nassau around 6am is enough to wake the dead.

The interior rooms, while small, were comfortable and not bad for a 3 day cruise. One warning though, if you have a room far upfront the sound of the tie lines going down in Nassau around 6am is enough to wake the dead.

YES!!! I totally remember waking up to this every morning! We were in a far forward room on the 6th Deck and could hear them plain as day. It was kind of annoying. But it woke us up so we knew what time it was and that we were in port. So it's good and bad! :D

I would suggest 2 people in interiors cabins. Being a female myself, I can't imagine having four women trying to use the one tiny bathroom!;)

Please suggest 2 cabins. Check out OV deck 8 as these are obstructed ( and less expensive) but allow in lot of light and you can see the ocean.

4 to any regular cabin on the Sovereign is VERY tight. As previously mentioned, 4 women to one bathroom is a disaster waiting to happen.

M

YES!!! I totally remember waking up to this every morning! We were in a far forward room on the 6th Deck and could hear them plain as day. It was kind of annoying. But it woke us up so we knew what time it was and that we were in port. So it's good and bad! :D

Who wants to sleep late on a 3 day cruise? My last Freedom cruise, I slept in on tendering days to avoid the rush.

Ok, so it looks like I am going to advise her to go the interior cabin route with only two per. After seeing the OV pix (thanks cuizer2) I can't picture 4 of them in there. They are all in their mid twenties, so that situation might deteriorate quickly.

That being said, does anyone have pix of an interior cabin on this class? I can't seem to find any ship-specific virtual cabin tours on RCCL's website, just the generic ones for the entire fleet.

Archived