Complete Escapes DVD for UK customers

drdoak

As a UK customer of Princess I have been angered recently as their website offers a DVD of 2008 Destinations (called Great Escapes 2008) which as a UK customer you cannot order.

If you follow the link on the website to order it orders you a very old DVD which does not contain the destinations or ships which are listed on the website.

I wrote to Princess about this back on 18th April and they have still not replied to my letter, although I did call them and they confirmed today that they have received it and will reply by the end of next week (30th May) Seems a long time to wait after I have taken the time to write a proper letter explaining my concerns :confused: .

What also suprised me about my experience on this matter is how the call centre staff new nothing about the DVD - even though it appears on the main page of the Princess website! After a number of phone calls I have established that the DVD is only available to customers in the US. I did actually get a copy sent to me after much discussion Clearly Princess gives them a higher level of importance than there UK customers. It is a real shame as the service on board is so good that they seem to have such poor service on land. But I guess once on board the country you came from is irrelevent.

Has anyone else had problems with Princess pre-cruise service? Have any other UK customers tried to order this DVD without success - it is still offered on the website to UK customers even though you cannot have it)?

As a UK customer of Princess I have been angered recently as their website offers a DVD of 2008 Destinations (called Great Escapes 2008) which as a UK customer you cannot order.

If you follow the link on the website to order it orders you a very old DVD which does not contain the destinations or ships which are listed on the website.

I wrote to Princess about this back on 18th April and they have still not replied to my letter, although I did call them and they confirmed today that they have received it and will reply by the end of next week (30th May) Seems a long time to wait after I have taken the time to write a proper letter explaining my concerns :confused: .

What also suprised me about my experience on this matter is how the call centre staff new nothing about the DVD - even though it appears on the main page of the Princess website! After a number of phone calls I have established that the DVD is only available to customers in the US. I did actually get a copy sent to me after much discussion Clearly Princess gives them a higher level of importance than there UK customers. It is a real shame as the service on board is so good that they seem to have such poor service on land. But I guess once on board the country you came from is irrelevent.

Has anyone else had problems with Princess pre-cruise service? Have any other UK customers tried to order this DVD without success - it is still offered on the website to UK customers even though you cannot have it)?

You're new here aren't you? :D

Have a flick through the pages you'll find a lot of examples where Princess have one rule for the US and one for the UK (and RoW in some cases) and UK customer service are a law unto themselves.

Enjoy.....

Archived