Paris Itinerary - suggestions?

We'll be in Paris for 4 days in July; not technically part of a cruise, but part of a long trip with a cruise at the end! Below are my thoughts for an itinerary - I would welcome any suggestions or advice. We will be 3, myself, DH and DS (6). With a 6-year-old, we need to be able to bale on things if they get too frustrating, and plan plenty of down time.

Friday night - arrive in Paris, check into apartment

Saturday -

Morning - get familiar with neighborhood (flat is in 2eme arrond., close to the Louvre)

Afternoon - Pont Neuf, Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St. Chappelle

Evening - cafe, turn in early (we are not late nighters)

Sunday -

Morning - Louvre, Tuileries, Musee D'Orsay (too much museum?)

Afternoon - Parc de la Villette (Science Museum - this one's for DS)

Evening - Dinner at __??__

Monday -

Morning - Montmartre

Afternoon - Bato-Bus, Left Bank, Shakespeare & Co. (for DH)

Evening - Trocadero (cafe), Eiffel Tower

Tuesday - Day trip to Normandy (still working on those details, with some great advice from these boards!)

Wednesday - depart in afternoon (some time in a.m. for ??)

Trying to make this interesting for DS as well as the adults, so wherever we can tie into movies he's seen, that's helpful - I remember seeing something about the restaurant that inspired "Gusteau's" in the movie Ratatouille; does anyone have that information?

Also, does the Bato-Bus get you close to the Statue of Liberty replica that's somewhere along the Seine?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Trying to make this interesting for DS as well as the adults, so wherever we can tie into movies he's seen, that's helpful

Lucky you, four days in Paris. We only had 5 hours. But hope to get back for a longer visit next time.

I don't know if you've seen Something's Got to Give with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton but the last scene where they kiss was shot on the Pont d Arcole. Wife and I had our kiss there also (corny but true). The restaurant where they ate dinner is nearby also. Le Grand Colbert. They say you can sometimes even sit at the same table. Here's a picture of the bridge with Notre Dame in the background. It runs from the street directly in front of ND.

pontdarcole.jpg

Saturday - Morning - get familiar with neighborhood (flat is in 2eme arrond., close to the Louvre)

Sunday - Morning - Louvre, Tuileries, Musee D'Orsay (too much museum?)

Monday - Morning - Montmartre

Tuesday - Day trip to Normandy (still working on those details, with some great advice from these boards!)

Wednesday - depart in afternoon (some time in a.m. for ??)

Hi, Andy! Lots of super great options for Paris. And with your time frame, you can actually ENJOY IT with four plus days there! It won't have to be a quick, forced march through this great city. Here are a few reactions and suggestions:

Musee d'Orsay (door-say) (closed Monday, open 10-6, except Thursday 10 am-9:45 pm), is a former railway station and hotel with an excellent cafe dining room. This whole museum is a feast for the eyes, including the building, sculpture, paintings,people there, etc. Doing lunch in that great dining room is a nice way to break up the visit and re-charge.

Le Marais Area, NE of Hotel de Ville/City Hall, with Musee Picasso and Musee Carnavalet (built in 1540, two adjoining mansions with decorative arts from the various periods in Paris history) is an extremely interesting, older area starting around metro St Paul station. It has the super great park and architecture of the Place des Vogue area, Jewish section in area with special foods and historic areas. Very charming and wonderful for walking around.

Musee Rodin, has nice scale in both the interior exhibit area as an old mansion, plus the gardens with the outdoor sculpture, at Varenne Metro stop next to Hotel des Invaldes, has third largest private garden in Paris, originally built in 1730, Rodin used as his studio from 1908 until his death in 1917, open Tuesday Sunday 10-5:45.

Ile Saint Louis, is one of the most charming little areas in all of Paris. So nice to stroll up its main street as you walk towards Notre Dame and other key highlights. Famed Berthillon ice cream: The only true Berthillon can be found at 31, rue St Louis-en-l'Ile, where it was born. This delicious ice cream has rich colors and equally intense flavors. It comes in myriad flavors, but the dark chocolate (chocolat noir and mango (mangue) flavors are incredible. This is divine dessert territory. Lots of Boutique shopping and dining places line this street in the heart of Paris.

PARIS METRO/SUBWAY: Great, great system! Probably best to buy packets of ten tickets, rather than a multi-day, three or five day pass. There are thirteen different subway lines, plus the suburban RER rail options. It is important to know which line or lines you want to use, IN ADVANCE, and the name of the end station for your direction so that you go down the right set of stairs to be on the correct side of the tracks. It's not as simple as New York City with uptown or downtown! But it offers totally great, fast, frequent service. Very clean and nice! Single tickets (1.40 Euros) may be purchased at the counters each time, but the better value is a carnet of 10 (10.70 Euros), which will also save you waiting in line.

PARIS MUSEUM PASS: Strongly suggest getting the Paris Museum Pass for access to 60 museums and monuments in Paris and the surrounding region. Multiple visits to the same museums are possible and there is no waiting in line. You get:

* Entry into more than 60 Paris museums and monuments inside and outside Paris, including Arc de Triomphe, Pantheon, The Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee d'Orsay, Musee National du Chateau de Versailles, Musee National Picasso, Pompidou Center, Musee Roding, Chateau de Rambouillet, Basilique Saint-Denis, Chateau de Chantilly, Fontainebleau, etc.

* Multiple visits to the same museums or monuments at no extra charge

* Validities: 2, 4 or 6 consecutive days

* No admission charge, no waiting in line

Paris Museum Pass, 2-Day Pass 30 Euro

Paris Museum Pass, 4-Day Pass 45 Euro

Paris Museum Pass, 6-Day Pass 60 Euro

You can get the Paris Museum Pass at the Paris Tourist Office, and in its reception offices in Paris train stations, and the Eiffel Tower or at over 60 museums and monuments concerned.

More info:

http://www.parismuseumpass.fr

Are the Loire Valley or Versailles on your potential list? Or, Monet's Giverney on the routing to Normandy? I can give many more suggestions for Normandy, if needed. The WWII beach site is spectacular! Very moving.

I've got lots of other Paris tips and suggestion to do before your cruise. Let us know what else is helpful, your questions, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thanks, Terry, this is great information! If you have ideas for a one-day trip to Normandy, we'd really appreciate it. We are planning to rent a car in Paris (is there any location that is better than others for the rental? many seem to be at train stations) and drive up. DH is doing most of the Normandy planning, but I believe we are planning to see Omaha and Utah beaches. Any tips would be great!

I had seen a tip about the metro and getting a carnet of tickets - we plan to do that. We should also look into the Museum Pass, especially if it lets you go back on different days. I know DH will probably want to hit the Louvre on his own one morning or afternoon. I am so looking forward to having an apartment as a "base of operations" - we learned quickly last year that for all of us to have a good time, sometimes we have to split up to let at least one parent do something "grown-up". So much easier to say, "we'll all meet back at the apartment" (or the ship). And we still get plenty of family time.

How about restaurants or cafes? Any specific recommendations? I'm looking forward to people-watching from the cafes as much as any museum! Versaille and Loire Valley are not scheduled for this trip - we want to get a better taste of Paris (we had only one day last year before our Baltic cruise). Had not thought of Giverny en route to Normandy - can you tell me more?

Jimmers, thanks for the tip about "Something's Gotta Give" - I haven't seen that one and didn't know it had a Paris reference. Some others on my list are:

Ratatouille

National Treasure Book of Secrets

French Kiss

Hunchback of Notre Dame

The DaVinci Code (much as I am sick of it)

The Musee D Orsay is a much better pick for a family outing than the Louvre.

You can, however, take the metro right to the downstairs entrance to the Louvre missing long lines up at the top. The Museum pass is a must especially with the 6 yr. old in tow! The lines in the summmer can stretch around the block to get in. With the Pass you literally walk up to the door, show the Pass and go on in........

Thanks, Terry, this is great information! If you have ideas for a one-day trip to Normandy, we'd really appreciate it. We are planning to rent a car in Paris (is there any location that is better than others for the rental? many seem to be at train stations) and drive up. How about restaurants or cafes? Any specific recommendations? Had not thought of Giverny en route to Normandy - can you tell me more?

For going to Normandy, I would urge strong caution in NOT renting your car in Paris and then battling that traffic and congestion of the main city and its suburbs. That can be really tough and challenging, even for those experienced and patient. If you're interested in seeing Monet's Giverney, then it might easier to take a train to Vernon and get your rental car there (reserved ahead). See Giverney and then head to the WWII beaches. Are you wanting to see Mont st Michel? There are other options in Normandy. Bayeaux is a charming town with lots of great history. What else are you seeking? Then drive back. Drop you car and take the train back into the city.

DINING: Assuming you're not looking for the high-end, pricy places, the great news is that most any place will be very good to great to excellent in France. It's hard to have a bad meal in France!! Lots and lots of options. Hard to make specific suggestions with so many different options. The secret is to do some asking where you are staying and/or of others you meet there for their local suggestions. Then apply the eyeball test! If it looks touristy and the people sitting there (or the staff) are bored and uninterested, then that place probably should be avoided. If it looks like there are locals there and/or they are enjoying it, then it will probably be very good. Or maybe even better! You'll know it when you see it!

Here's a good "balancing suggestion" for saving your dining budget. Grab your lunch at one of the many bakeries/boulangerie/patisserie shops. Most are very cute and wonderful. Great breads! Get a sandwich, pastry, drink. Maybe some cheese. Other nice fresh things. Maybe spend only $4-5-6 a person. Eat in a park area or bench in Paris or the country side. Like a little picnic! Saves money and time during a busy day. Allows a little more budget for dinner in the evening.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I strongly recommend reading Rick Steve's Paris tour guide book. He has lots of helpful information, how to save money, and best of all, how to avoid long lines. The commentary of the various sites will help you decide what's important for you.

By the way, there's a merry go round across the street from the Eiffel Tower your child might enjoy.

Thanks, RSF, I also have your Paris review thread bookmarked. I do not have the Rick Steves book yet, will have to pick it up. We do have a sturdy city map that I think will serve well (laminated).

For going to Normandy, I would urge strong caution in NOT renting your car in Paris and then battling that traffic and congestion of the main city and its suburbs. That can be really tough and challenging, even for those experienced and patient. If you're interested in seeing Monet's Giverney, then it might easier to take a train to Vernon and get your rental car there (reserved ahead). See Giverney and then head to the WWII beaches. Are you wanting to see Mont st Michel? There are other options in Normandy. Bayeaux is a charming town with lots of great history. What else are you seeking? Then drive back. Drop you car and take the train back into the city.

Hmm. . . I had not thought about that. I was a little worried about driving in the city (but not too worried, as it would be DH, not me, driving). But that's a good idea (maybe a cheaper rental too?) to get the car outside the city. At what station do you get the train to Vernon? I will look into this option, thanks!

As for our Normandy day, I know DH and DS want to see Omaha and Utah beaches and the Cemetery; not sure what else. I understand it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Paris, so if we leave at 8 we don't get there until 11 - is 5-6 hours enough to see more than that? Not sure about the drive times between sites.

Saturday -

Morning - get familiar with neighborhood (flat is in 2eme arrond., close to the Louvre)

Sounds good. Though you might consider taking the Hop On Hop Off Bus the first day. It's a nice way to get a good overview of the city and if you're a little tired, which people often are the first day, it also gives you a chance to sit and see and get off to see sights when you want.

Near the Louvre, on rue de Rivoli is Angelina's and it's a "don't miss". It's a cafe/restaurant which has anything from quiches to full meals, but also is famous for their african hot chocolate which your son will adore. (everyone loves it!) They also have a bakery in the front with lovely pastry's - the most famous being their Mont Blanc. You can go to Angelina's for lunch or in late afternoon for a coffee/pastry break.

Your son will enjoy spending time in the tuilleries.

Berthillion Ice cream is world famous and you can wait on line for a half hour and get a small scoop of it for about $5.00. Or you can visit one of the many cafe's which serve Berthillion ice cream (they always tout it on the awning, window or menu) and sit down and have a dish of it for the same price. Usually less choices of flavors, so it depends on whether you prefer comfort or more flavor options. (I'm not a big fan of waiting on line for food and then having to stand in the street to eat it.)

Sunday -

Morning - Louvre, Tuileries, Musee D'Orsay (too much museum?)

Waaay too much museum for one day!

Maybe do the Louvre the first day for a quick visit?

For dinner, walk across the bridge closest to the Louvre and youll suddenly be on the Left Bank (aka Rive Gauche) go to one of the places in the St. Germain area. You can also stop in to the St. Germain church for a quick visit.

Many restaurants along Blvd St. Germain have dinner specials that include 3 courses for a set price.

Restaurants I like in this area are: Lou Pescadou on rue Mabillion (near St. Sulpice church) for Provence style food. Or you can go to Allard for their famous duck w/ olives. (but everything is fabulous) Portions at Allard are quite large so you can order for two and get an extra plate for your son. Their Paris Brest dessert is the best one in Paris (imo)

Monday -

Morning - Montmartre

There's a Merry Go Round at Montmarte that your son might like. Also, many take-out sandwich vendors. So just buy sandwiches and sit on a bench or in the grass and enjoy.

For dinner, I recommend La Gare which is an easy 10 minute walk from Trocodero. It's near the La Muette Metro stop on the #9 line (one stop after Trocodero). La Gare is an old train station that's now a large, lively restaurant that serves simple food. You son could even get a hamberger if he wants. The neighborhood is residential and the most upscale in Paris, so you'll see a lot of families. They have a large outdoor dining garden that you'd probably enjoy. Don't miss their mashed potato's which come family style in a copper pot.

You could have dinner at La Gare, walk to Trocodero along Ave Paul Doumer or rue Passy and then stopping at the place near the Musee des Hommes for spectacular views of La Tour Eiffel, and then head to a cafe at Trocodero for dessert.

Other random tips:

Do not at at Leon of Bruxelles. It's a chain touristo trap.

Personally, I don't know if I agree about buying the museum 3 day pass. If you don't go to a lot of museums, it's not worth it and with a 6 YO in tow, your plans may change. And often the lines at the musuem are the security lines, not the ticket lines. So even with a pre-paid ticket, you can't avoid security. But then, I've never been to Paris in July, so maybe I'm wrong on this one.

Yes, buy "un carnet" which is 10 bus/metro tickets for 11Euros 20 Cents. You can transfer from bus to bus for free with the same tickets. They're good for 1.5 hours after first use. Don't recall if they are good for metro/bus transfer, but you can try if you need to.

I agree that you should visit the Marais area. And if you do, have lunch at Las Du Falaffel on rue des Rosiers. Cheap and delicious. And there's a Merry Go Round right by the Saint Paul Metro stop, which is the stop you'll want for Le Marais.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Hi AndyB. We leave in 10 days for Paris for a month with our 5 and 6 year old- eventually picking up a cruise out of Venice, part of an 11 week summer trip. We traveled last summer for 5 weeks and it was absolutely AMAZING! Our children enjoyed the museums so much more than expected; although, we had to move pretty quickly - no stopping for 15 minutes in front of a piece- and we bribed them with ice cream. This will be our first trip to Paris with the kids (been before but without them). Last year, we discovered a progam for children in France called culture spaces. Link is http://www.culturespaces.com/ We did the treasure hunts in Orange and Les Baux. They were fantastic. There is a museum in Paris that is part of the program, but I haven't been yet. I would tell you to make time each day for a park or kid activity, take gelato breaks and stay flexible. Have your 6 year old keep a travel journal (bring a glue stick and tape)...priceless to have later. I'll have some advice to give after we get over there with the kids but please post any specific questions you may have. Since we have a 6 year old boy ourselves, I suspect we will follow a very similary itinerary...however, my six year old is still trying to figure out how he can climb the Eiffel Tower during our visit. :)

I am heading to London and Paris in August, also doing a side trip to Normandy so I'd love to exchange ideas! Have to run right now so I'll check back later...

(Thanks for pointing this thread out, Jane! :) )

Bien Sur!

Bien Sur!

Does that mean "you're welcome"? :) Guess I need to brush up on my French! Jane, thanks for all the very-specific recommendations - that's just what I was looking for. And I'd love for this thread to be useful for others traveling with kids to Paris.

Destin Mom, thanks for your tips as well - I'll check out that website, and the travel journal is the kind of thing my DS woud get into. He may lose interest in the Merry-Go-Rounds (but you never know). And he never says No to gelato (but isn't that Italian?). An 11-week summer trip - that's awesome!

HappySingleMom, I've just started looking into our Normandy day-trip. I'm going to come back to Terry from Ohio with some specific questions soon. We're doing London too - just 2 days, though, and it will be spent at the Imperial War Museum and RAF Museum. That part of our trip was supposed to be work for me, so the boys planned the touring. I'm game, though. We'll throw in a West End show - I'm thinking "Spamalot"!

Thanks everyone for all the great responses!

It means "Of course". You are welcome is "Tu es le bienvenu".

I'm cheating:o ...I have a "gadget" on my iGoogle page for French/English translation and I'm trying to pick up a few phrases!!! :D

Sorry Andy,

Bien Sur mean's "of course" and happysinglemom pointed out.

However, "Tu es le bienvenu" you wouldn't use. I'm surprised your igoogle shows that.

Firstly, it's the familiar "Tu" form, as opposed to the formal "Vous" form. You'd never address an adult you're not good friends with the tu form. Always vous. For example, "Pardon Madame, parlez vous anglais?" and never " Parle tu anglais?" (Do you speak english?)

The french are formal linguists. Never use the familiar form and always say Madame (or Madamoiselle) or Monsieur.

But in any case, it's too much to say. When someone says "Merci" (thank you), the easy, accepted response is simply "de rien" (it's nothing).

Sorry Andy,

Bien Sur mean's "of course" and happysinglemom pointed out.

However, "Tu es le bienvenu" you wouldn't use. I'm surprised your igoogle shows that.

Firstly, it's the familiar "Tu" form, as opposed to the formal "Vous" form. You'd never address an adult you're not good friends with the tu form. Always vous. For example, "Pardon Madame, parlez vous anglais?" and never " Parle tu anglais?" (Do you speak english?)

The french are formal linguists. Never use the familiar form and always say Madame (or Madamoiselle) or Monsieur.

But in any case, it's too much to say. When someone says "Merci" (thank you), the easy, accepted response is simply "de rien" (it's nothing).

Thanks for the tips! I am going to be relying on my son to do most of the verbal communicating, I suspect! :p But I do hope to be able to speak a few phrases, at least. :)

Your son probably speaks more french than I do. I know some basic phrases, though I can understand more than I can speak.

As long as you're polite, you'll never have a problem.

A fun, easy and extremely useful little book to read is "French or Foe" by Polly Platt. She points out a lot of little nuances about the french that will keep you from making any cultural faux pas as well as gives you some insight into their psyche. You can get it for a couple of bucks on half.com

It's both amusing and helpful and gave me insight into a lot of things which didn't make sense at first sight.

Your son probably speaks more french than I do. I know some basic phrases, though I can understand more than I can speak.

As long as you're polite, you'll never have a problem.

A fun, easy and extremely useful little book to read is "French or Foe" by Polly Platt. She points out a lot of little nuances about the french that will keep you from making any cultural faux pas as well as gives you some insight into their psyche. You can get it for a couple of bucks on half.com

It's both amusing and helpful and gave me insight into a lot of things which didn't make sense at first sight.

Cool! Thanks....I'll go look for that! Hey what timing - I just posted back on my OMG thread...both hotels are booked but I found some others and was wondering what you thought, if you have a chance to check them out.

HappySingleMom, I've just started looking into our Normandy day-trip. I'm going to come back to Terry from Ohio with some specific questions soon. We're doing London too - just 2 days, though, and it will be spent at the Imperial War Museum and RAF Museum. That part of our trip was supposed to be work for me, so the boys planned the touring. I'm game, though. We'll throw in a West End show - I'm thinking "Spamalot"!

I've been told that The London Eye is not to be missed, so that is on our list! And the Was Museum as well as a show of some sort. I've been so busy trying to nail down my France stuff, I have not even begun to figure out our plan of attack in London. :D

I've been told that The London Eye is not to be missed, so that is on our list! And the Was Museum as well as a show of some sort. I've been so busy trying to nail down my France stuff, I have not even begun to figure out our plan of attack in London. :D

Me too, much more focus on Paris. I figure London will work itself out, once I get the hotel nailed down. We're not doing the London Eye this time. Did it last year and got the obligatory aerial shots of Big Ben and Parliament. I don't think it's worth doing twice.

I'm having a lot of fun right now with Google Earth, bookmarking all the places my CC friends are recommending - thanks, and keep them coming!!

Hmm. . . I had not thought about that. I was a little worried about driving in the city (but not too worried, as it would be DH, not me, driving). But that's a good idea (maybe a cheaper rental too?) to get the car outside the city. At what station do you get the train to Vernon? I will look into this option, thanks!

As for our Normandy day, I know DH and DS want to see Omaha and Utah beaches and the Cemetery; not sure what else. I understand it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Paris, so if we leave at 8 we don't get there until 11 - is 5-6 hours enough to see more than that? Not sure about the drive times between sites.

Since we are coming from London and headed to Bayeux in the same day, we are taking the train from Paris. Most likely we will go only to Caen and rent a car there, and then drive the 20 min to Bayeux. For some reason, car rental in Bayeux is as much for 1 days, as it is for 2 days in Caen. Have not nailed this down yet, but I have messed with the rental sites enough to know that this is the case. There is only one place in Bayeux that rents cars, so maybe they figure they have the upper hand. :rolleyes: In any event, I am DEFINITELY not driving from Paris - I hear THAT is no fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we decided not to drive to Normandy. I reserved a car in Caen and we'll take the train from Gare St. Lazare, which is a 10-minute metro ride from our apartment - perfect!

Apparently you can't get Rick Steves in Hong Kong - I have looked at every bookstore, and I don't have time to get one shipped. So I picked up Eyewitness Travel's Top 10 Paris, and it has been fantastic!

Still not sure about the Museum Pass. I need to compare the entrance fees at each of the places we're going. I'm having a lot of fun on Google Earth mapping everything out and finding things close to our apartment - grocery, pharmacy, markets, etc. Our itinerary has changed a bit, but not much:

Saturday - a.m. - grocery store and rue Montorgueil market for staples (i.e. coffee, cheese, wine, bread) - we'll eat breakfasts and some other meals at the flat. La Defenseur des Temps (modern clock sculpture), Centre Pompidou (external only), Les Halle/St. Eustache. The Rat poison shop from Ratatouille. Welcome suggestions for lunch out in the Les Hallles or Ile de la Cite area.

p.m. - Pont Neuf, St. Chappelle, Notre Dame, La Tour D'Argent (external only, again for the Ratatouille reference).

Dinner - whatever we feel like, not sure how tired we'll be.

Sunday - I'm sticking with my museum-heavy schedule, mostly because I can't figure out how else to work them in. Louvre, Tuileries, Musee D'Orsay, lunch back at the flat, then metro to Parc de la Villette. I found a neat website called Subway Navigator that helps you map out point-to-point stations, showing where you change lines and how long the trip will take.

Monday - I removed Montmartre from Monday because I think the Left Bank stuff is going to take all day - moved Montmartre to Wednesday morning before we leave. So we'll take the metro to the Left Bank, where DH will go to Shakespeare & Co. while DS and I will go to Luxembourg Gardens. We'll meet later at the Pantheon, then go to St. Sulpice. Rue de Buci market to pick up picnic items, then metro to the Eiffel Tower for our picnic (weather permitting). Afternoon, Hotel Les Invalides and Musee Rodin Gardens. Cross to Trocadero and head to La Gare for dinner. Then see the Eiffel Tower at night.

Tuesday - Normandy; train to Caen, car to beaches/sites; return train to Paris.

Wednesday - Metro to Montmartre, Sacre Couer, Place de Tertre, Moulin Rouge, Moulin de la Gallette.

Now I'm working on my "Plan B"s, for weather problems, 6-yr-old issues, etc. And memorizing the phrase list in the back of the Top 10 book. DS is also learning a few words, and I'm happy to see him show some interest in the places we'll visit.

HappySingleMom, how goes your planning?

Thought I'd share what I found on the Museum Pass. I think for us it will be worthwhile. The 4-day pass is 45 EUR. The following places we plan to visit are covered on the pass:

Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie (8 EUR for the basic admission)

Louvre (9 EUR)

Notre Dame (8 EUR)

Musee Rodin (6 EUR) - may not make it there - their website says much is closed "until July" - not sure when in July

Sainte Chappelle (7.50 EUR)

Musee D'Orsay (7.50 EUR)

Pantheon (7.50 EUR)

Invalides (8 EUR)

Total individually - 61.50 EUR. A 16 EUR savings, plus only buying the tickets once, rather than at each place. I think we'll do it.

Thought I'd share what I found on the Museum Pass. I think for us it will be worthwhile. The 4-day pass is 45 EUR. The following places we plan to visit are covered on the pass:

Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie (8 EUR for the basic admission)

Louvre (9 EUR)

Notre Dame (8 EUR)

Musee Rodin (6 EUR) - may not make it there - their website says much is closed "until July" - not sure when in July

Sainte Chappelle (7.50 EUR)

Musee D'Orsay (7.50 EUR)

Pantheon (7.50 EUR)

Invalides (8 EUR)

Total individually - 61.50 EUR. A 16 EUR savings, plus only buying the tickets once, rather than at each place. I think we'll do it.

A huge advantage with the museum pass is you don't have to stand in line. You will save several hours. Be sure to ask where you go when you have the museum pass - don't want to stay in lines you don't have to.

Archived