Explorer Cabin Selection Help

Ahhhhh! I am going bonkers trying to choose the "best" cabin with a balcony. :confused: You have all been so helpful in the past I am hoping you can relieve some of my stress. Pictures would be primo too!

We are sailing next year on the Explorer with some friends and we both managed to snag hump cabins on the 9th floor!! I am so excited...my friends have 9620 and we have 9614 and 9612 and I am just jumping for joy here..

have fun trying to decide...:)

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any balcony cabin. I'd choose one as close to the stairs/elevator as possible because it's so convenient.

The ones across the back of the ship (including 1388 and 1688) have larger balconies, but are far away from the stairs/elevators. They also have a somewhat obstructed view - lots of beams crisscrossing and it's you can't look straight down at the water. It also gets very hot back there because there are no crossbreezes. (Personally, we had 1388 and hated it)

Cabins on the bubble/hump are in a midship location, near the elevator.

These two locations are in the highest demand.

On Explorer (Voyager and Adventure), the balconies are metal (not glass), and on deck 6, the metal opening in smaller than it is on the other decks. It's not a big deal, but you'd have a bit of a wider view if you avoid deck 6.

If you look at the picture of the ship, in the dead center is an area that circles out on the sides, those are where the hump cabins are located. You have a great view down the side of the ship because your cabin sticks out further than the others. Also, the location is very convenient to everything. I think you will be pleased.

Go to webshots and do a search on "hump cabin" and you should find some great photos of the cabins to look at.

:)

Archived