Left Behind In Belize??

BRIFRO

WHAT IS THE BEST PROCEDURE FOR BEING LEFT BEHIND IN BELIZE?:eek:

Hope that you brought your passport and they are willing to help you. Try and find the U.S. embassy or contact the cruise ship - the number is listed on the capers they give you every day. They should be able to help arrange a flight out of there.

Have a large checkbook and be prepared to pay through the nose for transportation to the next port of call...not many flights in and out of Belize I would think. I would not want to be stranded there.

Someone explain. Is this person:

A. Wanting to get left behind in Belize

B. Currently stuck in Belize and only has access to CruiseCritic for advice

C. Planning for all contingencies for a future cruise

D. Trying to get rid of a spouse or in-law

WHAT IS THE BEST PROCEDURE FOR BEING LEFT BEHIND IN BELIZE?:eek:

I'm confused....are you planning to be left behind, or are you wanting to know what to do if you happen to miss the ship?

If you are planning to be left behind, you might want to try another port. This is backwater Central America at its worst. We like this stop even less than Jamaica, and I didn't think that was possible.

To get left behind:

Accept a package wrapped in plain brown paper from a guy on the dock wearing a trench coat and Wayfarers, who wants you to mail it to his friend in Miami once you get back to the States. He is being totally honest when he tells you that its just baked good his mother made, and nothing that you could get in trouble for.

If you get left behind:

Avoid the aforementioned guy, find a decent hotel to stay at. Contact the US embassy for help in securing a new passport. Hope they can get you one. Party like a rock star for a few days then fly home.

If you are trying to leave somebody behind:

Heavily intoxicate them, then refer them to the guy on the dock, or pay a taxi driver to taken him/her to the next town over.

To get left behind:

Accept a package wrapped in plain brown paper from a guy on the dock wearing a trench coat and Wayfarers, who wants you to mail it to his friend in Miami once you get back to the States. He is being totally honest when he tells you that its just baked good his mother made, and nothing that you could get in trouble for.

If you get left behind:

Avoid the aforementioned guy, find a decent hotel to stay at. Contact the US embassy for help in securing a new passport. Hope they can get you one. Party like a rock star for a few days then fly home.

If you are trying to leave somebody behind:

Heavily intoxicate them, then refer them to the guy on the dock, or pay a taxi driver to taken him/her to the next town over.

LMAO, yep that oughta work. :D

Iguana(sp?) Rama on the pier was a pretty good time as well.

Just a heads up, they have moved from the pier to across the street....out of "The Village".

I was there last week.

Hubby and oldest son did the cave tubing through Yhnoy at cave-tubing.com and even though they have never had a group miss the ship....I had them prepared.

They had their passports with them, a credit card and some cash in a waterproof thingy that goes around their neck.

American Airlines can fly you out...no problems.

As long as you have the ole' credit card.

Once Carnival starts going back to Costa Maya after Belize .... it will be even easier...because it is only a 6 hour drive to catch the ship.

Hubby and son left at 9:15am .... and they were back at the pier by 2:30pm...our ship sailed at 4PM. no problems!!

Have a large checkbook and be prepared to pay through the nose for transportation to the next port of call...not many flights in and out of Belize I would think. I would not want to be stranded there.

American Airlines has nonstops back to Miami. You will be back in US soil in less than 2 hours!

LOL! That would be Cozumel, not Belize. Last time I was in Belize, there wasn't anything that resembled C&C, but there was this cute upstairs bar called "The Wet Lizard".

What! man did I get drunk or what, I can't even remember where I was.:p

Archived