Inside Cabin on Island Princess

dbhome

Am I crazy to do this? I've found a ridiculously good price and my husband needs to sleep in a totally dark room for medical reasons. We are looking at an Alaska tour so with the long hours of daylight the inside room will suit him better. I'm a little worried about how small it is. Has anyone ever booked an inside room on this ship?

Am I crazy to do this? I've found a ridiculously good price and my husband needs to sleep in a totally dark room for medical reasons. We are looking at an Alaska tour so with the long hours of daylight the inside room will suit him better. I'm a little worried about how small it is. Has anyone ever booked an inside room on this ship?

They are the same size as an outside window type cabin.

It is adequate for 2 people but if you are worried about small spaces it is only a 160-190 square feet unless you book a handicap cabin. ;)

We have had an inside cabin on the Island Princess and loved it. You can sleep like a baby. We would have no problem booking an inside cabin on any ship again. Last cruise on Diamond Princess we had a room with an obstructed view and the room dimensions seemed to be the same as an inside cabin. You certainly have adequate storage space too for your suitcases.:D

We had inside cabins on the Island, Sapphire and the Star. My hubby is used to sleeping in complete darkness (he used to work graveyard shift so he installed blackout shutters in our bedroom) so this type of cabin suits him the best.

You can leave the light on in the bathroom and leave the door ajar. Also, if it doesn't bother him, turn on the tv and put on the bridgecam station. You'll see how it is outside.

We have had an inside cabin on the Island Princess and loved it. You can sleep like a baby. We would have no problem booking an inside cabin on any ship again. Last cruise on Diamond Princess we had a room with an obstructed view and the room dimensions seemed to be the same as an inside cabin. You certainly have adequate storage space too for your suitcases.:D

I thought I'd be able to tolerate a small cabin, too until I booked Norwegian Majesty, never having had a cabin smaller than 172 sq ft. Even regular ocean views are only 108 sq ft. They say they are well laid out and you can fit everything in but have trouble with two people standing at the same time! We upgraded to the largest which was all of 145 Sq ft. It was livable (had a fridge), I have to admit. So a Princess inside or ocean view being 160 sq ft sounds spacious after NCL majesty.

We had inside cabins on the Island' date=' Sapphire and the Star. My hubby is used to sleeping in complete darkness (he used to work graveyard shift so he installed blackout shutters in our bedroom) so this type of cabin suits him the best.

[b']You can leave the light on in the bathroom and leave the door ajar[/b]. Also, if it doesn't bother him, turn on the tv and put on the bridgecam station. You'll see how it is outside.

I take along a couple battery powered StickNClicks that I picked up at Bed Bath.

A three pack was about ten bucks.

One light on the bathroom top shelf is adequate.

http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/sticknclink/sticknclick1.html?gclid=CLPH_9-sxJMCFQkmIgodmlaRCg

Archived