Fees for luggage--BREAKING NEWS!

CeleBrat

We're seriously considering cancelling the cruise we hvae booked for next year too. We were going to cruise out of NYC (we live in Seattle) but with the airfare for the three of us, it seems like we'd be better off vacationing closer to home.

Unfortunately that's what it is coming to these days. Airlines need some way to recoup their extra costs for fuel - I don't know why they don't just raise fares by $15, people probably wouldn't notice or say a word about it.

So true. American will be grounding 50 planes permanently this year because of the rising cost of fuel. They can no longer afford those planes, no to mention that they're being forced to do more layoffs. They have to recoupe the cost of fuel etc some way and this seemed to be their best option. They either have to charge more or stop flying, and I think people would be more upset about the latter.

I will not be flying AA if they go through with this new charge.:mad:

It's a bunch of bull, and I won't be buying into it!

I'll probably be one of those people that will now be traveling with just a carryon and a very, very, very, big purse if all the other airlines follow suit!:eek: There are 3 of us, so that's an extra $90 charge added onto a roundtrip flight!:mad: Not gonna happen!!!!!

I will not be flying AA if they go through with this new charge.:mad:

It's a bunch of bull, and I won't be buying into it!

I'll probably be one of those people that will now be traveling with just a carryon and a very, very, very, big purse if all the other airlines follow suit!:eek: There are 3 of us, so that's an extra $90 charge added onto a roundtrip flight!:mad: Not gonna happen!!!!!

It's $15 to check the first bag. For three people, that's $45.00. How did you get an "extra $90" charge?? You will be charged $25 each for the second bag. If you each checked two bags, that's a total of $120.00, if you have no status with AA.

It's $15 to check the first bag. For three people, that's $45.00. How did you get an "extra $90" charge?? You will be charged $25 each for the second bag. If you each checked two bags, that's a total of $120.00, if you have no status with AA.

Which makes $240 round-trip.

I think we all need to start budgeting for this cost in the future. Seems like fees that get added on never get taken away--lots of hotels are still charging the "energy fee" they added when electricity prices spiked back in 2000-2002. It will be the same thing with this fee and the fuel surcharges that cruise lines are charging now. We all just have to factor it into the cost of a trip. :(

Archived