Fuel Surcharge

Ram1500

I am sure that they have followed with others, but has NCL started a fuel surcharge and if so could someone advise how they are applying it? A friend of mine sailed on another line and it was so much per person per day until a max amount of $100 was met per cabin for the week is the way he explained it to me. Just wondering what to expect in Sept. :eek:

Thanks!

Hey bro,

The fuel surcharge has been in place since before we cruised in March. However, we were not charged it on our last cruise since it was for new reservations only. The cruise we have booked in September already has the surcharge added into the price and even tho NCL is going to raise it soon (or already has) it will only apply to new bookings, not ours. So we are good to go! No more extra fee's except for some more excursions I'm cooking up! :D

Here's what NCL says about it:

What is the Fuel Supplement?

You probably know how much fuel prices have fluctuated in recent years. Because of this price volatility, a Fuel Supplement of up to $9 for the first two guests and $4 for each additional guest per cruise day, based on the NYMEX futures prices for crude oil, is added as part of the Advertised Cruise Fare Price. The Fuel Supplement is determined as follows:

NYMEX Price Tiers Fuel Supplement (1st 2 guests per stateroom)

$75 to $100 per barrel $7 per pax per cruise day

Over $60 to $75 per barrel $6 per pax per cruise day

$50 to $60 per barrel $5 per pax per cruise day

and the link

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#fuel

Like CruisnGram mentions, whether or not you pay the fuel charge depends upon when you booked the cruise.

NCL's press releases are here: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_041708

and http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_111507

Most of the cruise lines announce any fuel surcharges as of a future date. Anyone who books on or after that date will be charged the surcharge.

The surcharge will be added into your cruise fare. It is not like tips where you pay when you sail - it is an up-front fee.

I kind of wish there were a liquor surcharge too. Then we would pay $7 per person per day and be able to bring our own keg from home! :D

The price of a barrel of oil reached $133. today with no end in sight. Can an additional fuel surcharge be far behind. Better book now before it goes up again. American Airlines now charges $15. to check your first bag. Hope it doesn't give the cruise lines any ideas?

Hey bro,

The fuel surcharge has been in place since before we cruised in March. However, we were not charged it on our last cruise since it was for new reservations only. The cruise we have booked in September already has the surcharge added into the price and even tho NCL is going to raise it soon (or already has) it will only apply to new bookings, not ours. So we are good to go! No more extra fee's except for some more excursions I'm cooking up! :D

Thanks Sis...Reason why I asked because this came up as a question today at lunch. We were watching the news about certain airlines were stating they were going to have to be charging. Thanks also to everyone else who replied. This fuel situation in this country is certainly out of control. :mad:

Thanks Sis...Reason why I asked because this came up as a question today at lunch. We were watching the news about certain airlines were stating they were going to have to be charging. Thanks also to everyone else who replied. This fuel situation in this country is certainly out of control. :mad:

I got an interesting email sent to me about our out of control gas prices here in the good ol' USA. It said that Warren Buffet made the statement that if Americans stop purching gas from the two largest oil companies, Exxon and Mobile, that they would be forced at some point to lower their prices. All the other suppliers would be forced at that point to lower their prices as well. He said we would have to do this for a while, not just for a day.

Don't know if it holds water or not, but it's interesting to think about. I know I wont even buy coffee from an Exxon or Mobile station after reading that email.

I got an interesting email sent to me about our out of control gas prices here in the good ol' USA. It said that Warren Buffet made the statement that if Americans stop purching gas from the two largest oil companies, Exxon and Mobile, that they would be forced at some point to lower their prices. All the other suppliers would be forced at that point to lower their prices as well. He said we would have to do this for a while, not just for a day.

Don't know if it holds water or not, but it's interesting to think about. I know I wont even buy coffee from an Exxon or Mobile station after reading that email.

The problem with that in most areas the gas comes from one or two refineries or pipe lines. so when you boycott one gas company and buy it somewhere else you are just getting the same gas with different additives. the money is made selling to the refineries-rarely at the gas station so if you want to boycott you have to stop using gas-not changing stations.

That is a frudulant letter that has been circulating for a few years now. Check out any such urban legends at snopes.com

That is a frudulant letter that has been circulating for a few years now. Check out any such urban legends at snopes.com

I too, heard this a couple years ago. Fraudulent or not fraudulent don't you think it might work?

It's like if all young Moms went back to cloth diapers for their babies for one month because the price of throw-aways skyrocketed.....do you think the price might come down?

i think the fuel surcharge is better than me filling up my SUV and driving to bermuda.

Agreed, it's better. In Gaveston, TX they have this boat/vehicle (not sure what it is) called the Duckmobile. It takes you on a water tour of the harbor, then comes on land, sprouts tires and takes you on a land tour of all the mansions.

I need to get out my map and look for that road to Bermuda.

Agreed, it's better. In Gaveston, TX they have this boat/vehicle (not sure what it is) called the Duckmobile. It takes you on a water tour of the harbor, then comes on land, sprouts tires and takes you on a land tour of all the mansions.

I need to get out my map and look for that road to Bermuda.

you know...that line item on the receipt should say this:

"we're going to Bermuda...wanna split the gas?"

We were all set to make final payment tomorrow and guess what???????????

There is an additional $182!!!!!!!! fuel surcharge.

This cruise on the Pearl has been booked since last September!

Check your online account with NCL.

i think the fuel surcharge is better than me filling up my SUV and driving to bermuda.

The price of oil is driven by supply and demand. Analysis of skyrocketing oil prices pinpoints fear that demand will outstrip supply in the near future. There's not much the ordinary person can do about world oil supply issues but if all you Americans stopped using gas-guzzlers and SUVs and drove small, fuel-efficient cars, the price of oil would drop. There's so many of you. You have economic clout.

You don't even want to know the price of gas in Bermuda - I think it's over $7 a gallon but I never dare look at the pump any more - I only have a tiny car and I walk or cycle when I can but gas is still a big expense for me.

Archived