Luggage Tags ???

gf.buyer

Where do I get the luggage tags I have seen people referring to ?? I purchased the cruise through Orbitz, have printed out my FunPass, etc. Do I have to have luggage tags before leaving home or will they give them to me at check in ??

Where do I get the luggage tags I have seen people referring to ?? I purchased the cruise through Orbitz, have printed out my FunPass, etc. Do I have to have luggage tags before leaving home or will they give them to me at check in ??

When you sign in to Carnival.com go to my docs. you will need to go to the last page. However, if you purchased far enough in advance, you will receive 2 pp in the mail. If not, make some copies of them.

Personally, i prefer to wait till i get to the port and give the porters a little larger tip for getting them. Take you some address labels, and put them on the tags and the porter will put the cabin number on them and put them on your bags.

good luck.

These are not cruise-line luggage tags

they're general luggage ID tags.

I have a few of them, from CruiseCritic's own shop at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/

sturdy as hell and well worth the money!

You should have one on every suitcase of yours

from cruise to cruise to cruise

(air travel too, even though we try to stay away!)

luggagetag2.jpg.e77abb0089eb36633291a7bf74a2c9a5.jpg

Page 7 of your cruise documents...it says for every piece of luggage you take for the cruise, print a paper tag for.

Yes, this also means your little carry-on tote bag. Everything, just in case something get's lost, misplaced, etc. Even though you will have it on you and not "checking" it in.

Love that I don't have to lug my suitcases all over, it get's delivered right to the room! LOVE CRUISING!!!!

Colleen

Leaving on Elation in 9 days! yippeee~!!!

Love that I don't have to lug my suitcases all over, it gets delivered right to the room!

LOVE CRUISING!!!!

Colleen

Leaving on Elation in 9 days! yippeee~!!! ===> and we're still speaking to you??

So tell the truth, Colleen..

if you won the Lotto big-time, wouldn't you just book back-to-back cruises,almost?

I'd arrange them so I spend a week or two ashore and then I'm gone again..

two week cruises, and certainly a World Cruise

just so I could boast to St.Peter, when I get there.

Like the advertising slogan says... GET OUT THERE!

If you elect to get eDocuments (and I don't know if it is an option any more for normal tags), you can print these off. They are on the last page of your docs. Color does not matter.

How you attach these is a different matter. We tried to test printing and attaching with staples and this just didn't work in my mind. What we elected to do was to print off, laminate with 3" clear packaging tape, punch a hole, and attach with a 6" zip tie. Here's our prototype:

2885262410098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

We did wait until we arrived at the port to attach.;)

If you elect to get eDocuments (and I don't know if it is an option any more for normal tags), you can print these off. They are on the last page of your docs. Color does not matter.

How you attach these is a different matter. We tried to test printing and attaching with staples and this just didn't work in my mind. What we elected to do was to print off, laminate with 3" clear packaging tape, punch a hole, and attach with a 6" zip tie. Here's our prototype:

I still don't like them. But if you are going to do them this way, make suer you put your name on them, or place an address label on them. Going by cabin number only does not work.

And this goes for Alcohol purchases while cruising also. We had a problem where our cabin number was transformed to another number. it was a 3 and they read it as a 5. If I had not complained, i would not have made it home, and someone would have had 2 free bottles of rum.

So make sure they make the label legable so you get your booze.

These are not cruise-line luggage tags

they're general luggage ID tags.

I have a few of them, from CruiseCritic's own shop at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/

sturdy as hell and well worth the money!

You should have one on every suitcase of yours

from cruise to cruise to cruise

(air travel too, even though we try to stay away!)

I think they're talking about the tags from the cruise docs with your room number and name etc on them that you have to cover with tape and all that jazz, not luggage ID tags.

That's exactely how we did it. We also waited until we got to the port then we zipped them on the luggage. It took us about two minutes at the port and we put two on each one.

I hate them! I'm getting paper docs instead b/c of these tags and how long it would take to print all that stuff.

It doesn't take long at all...no longer than printing any other file document from your computer. It is important however that you print them from a color printer. The way you see it, above in Rockee's post, is exactly how they look. The only thing I see missing on that tag (most bottom line) is his name...which can be typed in prior to printing OR printed first & then written in. Then you fold the paper tags as directed and seal them with packing tape & apply them to your luggage handle.

We also have had the CC tags on for home ID purposes (not cabin # purposes). You don't need to put the ship tags on your carry-on's because they'll never leave your side.

If you're flying to your embarkation city don't put them on until you're past the "air" portion of your journey...if you're driving, put them on at home.

We did the exact same thing but did attach them before we left home - I'm paranoid about lost luggage! :o The packing tape worked great - those tags made it through a trip to the airport in the pouring rain, back home after our flight was cancelled, back to the airport the next morning in the rain, through 2 flights, onto the ship, and home again through 2 flights and still looked just like they did when I put them on. Our luggage was another story - we had one piece badly damaged on the way down and another on the way back. Those packing tape laminated tags held up better than the suitcases did!

We did not use a color printer - there are only two colors now that they have edocs - last name and the bar code is what they need now.

What happens if there is no cabin # yet?:confused: :confused: We booked guaranteed. Will they just go by my last name? If I seal they with packing tape how will the porter write my cabin # on them? I have picked my own cabin before this cruise, so these questions never occurred to me before.

Thanks for any peace of mind you can give me.:)

What happens if there is no cabin # yet?:confused: :confused: We booked guaranteed. Will they just go by my last name? If I seal they with packing tape how will the porter write my cabin # on them? I have picked my own cabin before this cruise, so these questions never occurred to me before.

Thanks for any peace of mind you can give me.:)

It may be coded with the bar code but the porter will have additional tags. I use the packing tape not just for stability -but in case of rain. With most people using ink-jet printers those tags quickly become a soggy mess if they get wet. I'd just use the ones you have if you are flying (at least it will have your ship and date on it) and talk to a porter at the pier - they will figure out how to get your bags to you.

I hate them! I'm getting paper docs instead b/c of these tags and how long it would take to print all that stuff.

if you have not cruised this year, all that paper you are wasting printing up the 18 pages, is useless, and a waste.

Print the funpass, the credit card statement, and the other one that needs to be signed.... TAKE ONLY IN CASE OF COMPUTER CRASH.

IF you have filled everything out on line, you only need PPTs and Credit card.

I made 2 copies, and did not use either of them. she handed everything back to me and said I did not need it.

It doesn't take long at all...no longer than printing any other file document from your computer. It is important however that you print them from a color printer. The way you see it, above in Rockee's post, is exactly how they look. The only thing I see missing on that tag (most bottom line) is his name...which can be typed in prior to printing OR printed first & then written in. Then you fold the paper tags as directed and seal them with packing tape & apply them to your luggage handle.

I have a HP 680C which takes for EVER to print and I'd need to get a color cartridge. At work there is no color but it is fast. It took almost as long to print my tax forms as it took to do them!

I have a HP 680C which takes for EVER to print and I'd need to get a color cartridge. At work there is no color but it is fast. It took almost as long to print my tax forms as it took to do them!

Oh, so sorry...we have a fast color printer at home & it took no time at all. Ironically, no color printer at work lol. As for taxes...my accountant did it :D.

if you have not cruised this year, all that paper you are wasting printing up the 18 pages, is useless, and a waste.

Print the funpass, the credit card statement, and the other one that needs to be signed.... TAKE ONLY IN CASE OF COMPUTER CRASH.

IF you have filled everything out on line, you only need PPTs and Credit card.

I made 2 copies, and did not use either of them. she handed everything back to me and said I did not need it.

Edocs are now down to 7 pages - much better than the 18 pages they were last year.

Hate it or like it, it's how it is now. Carnival does not send out bag tags anymore. The paper ticket packet is identical to the e-ticket packet we can print online under their "My Documents" options, and both come with the "coupon" bag tag. And as long as you've completed your Fun Pass online, the etix will only be 7 pages long.

So tell the truth, Colleen..

if you won the Lotto big-time, wouldn't you just book back-to-back cruises,almost?

I'd arrange them so I spend a week or two ashore and then I'm gone again..

two week cruises, and certainly a World Cruise

just so I could boast to St.Peter, when I get there.

Like the advertising slogan says... GET OUT THERE!

If I won the lotto, yes how did you know I would do back to back to back cruises? ahhhhh..going to Baja Mexico, but really wishing I was going back to Eastern Caribbean, St Maarten!

I found printing the luggage tags to be a waste of time. Printed them, made clear labels with our names on them, covered the tags with clear contact paper, punched holes, attached with zip ties. It was all good. Then, get to the embarkation port only to find that the porters gave us the good old funny-shaped colored tags we've gotten in the past.

I'm with you...

I prefer to receive the mailed dox. In addition, I use the cover and other parts of the dox package in my scrapbooking project for the cruise.

I suppose someday they might become ticketless like the airlines...or charge extra for "paper" tickets. But, until they do, they can mail 'em out.....

Archived