Professional Photographer?

BRU

My wife and I were thinking about getting some wedding pictures taken in Cayman when we take our cruise. We eloped 3 years ago and don't have any good pictures. We're not looking for a ceremony, cake, etc. Really, we'd just like to hire a professional photographer for an hour or so to get some good beach photos of us in our wedding garb.

I've searched this forum and google - google turned up a few options. Problem is, these seemed to be geared more towards folks who are looking for the complete experience (half-day or full-day jobs starting at a grand or so). We're willing to pay, but I was hoping for someone in the $200 - $300/hour range willing to work with us for 1 hour only. I would think that someone could fit this bill.

Any recommendations for good photogs in Grand Cayman? TIA :)

My wife and I were thinking about getting some wedding pictures taken in Cayman when we take our cruise. We eloped 3 years ago and don't have any good pictures. We're not looking for a ceremony, cake, etc. Really, we'd just like to hire a professional photographer for an hour or so to get some good beach photos of us in our wedding garb.

I've searched this forum and google - google turned up a few options. Problem is, these seemed to be geared more towards folks who are looking for the complete experience (half-day or full-day jobs starting at a grand or so). We're willing to pay, but I was hoping for someone in the $200 - $300/hour range willing to work with us for 1 hour only. I would think that someone could fit this bill.

Any recommendations for good photogs in Grand Cayman? TIA :)

I'm a professional photographer in South Carolina, I know that's no help for Grand Cayman. I just wanted to tell you that if you can find someone make sure that if you have to pay a deposit to reserve them that they have a refund policy if your ship does not tender for some reason. Grand Cayman is really bad about the wind * waves being to high too tender & I would hate for you to loose a deposit because you can't get off the ship. I would also not tell them it has anything to do with a wedding, they may want to charge more. Just inquire like it's a regular session on the beach.

Hi Gracie,

I live on Grand Cayman having worked in the tourism industry for over twenty years, and I have never, ever, heard of a local company that tried to charge cruise visitors for services that were not rendered because the guests could not tender. If any CC readers have experienced this, please speak up.

I would also be deeply disturbed if a higher rate was charged because of the "wedding" aspect, but I must admit that I am not experienced in this area.

Hi Gracie,

I live on Grand Cayman having worked in the tourism industry for over twenty years, and I have never, ever, heard of a local company that tried to charge cruise visitors for services that were not rendered because the guests could not tender. If any CC readers have experienced this, please speak up.

I would also be deeply disturbed if a higher rate was charged because of the "wedding" aspect, but I must admit that I am not experienced in this area.

I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC A very high tourism area. I was just giving the op something to check into because I know many photographers in the area that as soon as they mentioned portraits in the wedding attire they would price it as a wedding instead of a regular beach session.

Also anytime I make reservations to do anything at a port while I'm on a cruise I alway's make sure if I have had to pay a deposit up front that it will be refunded if for some reason the cruise can't go. I have read things where some don't so it just pays to ask these things up front.

I know most have a policy to refund if anything has been paid & the ship can't get there.

• 1 month later...

We used Rebecca Davidson and I cannot recommend her enough both as a person and as a talented photographer - she is truely amazing !

These are a selection of our wedding photos she took;

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slideshow.jsp?&localeid=en_GB&mode=fromsite&collid=8444794899133.1542046810233.1214782672945&conn_speed=1

and here is her website ;

http://www.picturethis.ky/index2.php?v=v1

.... and though she is not cheap, we didn't feel like we had paid a photographer ...we felt like we had made a friend :)

Archived