gold panning

PIXEYLOU

Ern and I are on the Coral Princess land/cruise package from Aug.7-19. We will go to all the major ports and which one has the best gold panning?

I don't need the cheap baubles they make after but look for a historical yet fun experience.Anyone have an idea? Also is the tram in Juneau worth it? Are there any other ones?

Capt. :D Pixey and 1st:eek: Mate Ernie

Are you going to Fairbanks??? Gold panning is usually available with the gold tour included. There is gold panning in Juneau and Skagway. Mt. Roberts tram is definately a wonderful view and hiking on a nice day. For a couple dollars, you can also ride the Fox Lodge funicular, which also gives a nice view, along with going out back to see some beautiful totems. Then you can consider walking back down the Married Man's Trail for a little history. :)

WE ARE DOING THE LAND CRUISE PACKAGE. . WE FLY INTO FAIRBANKS AND THEN ANCHORAGE OR VICE VERSA.PRINCESS HAS US DOING MT MCKINLYE AND DENALI AND WHATELSE BUT I WANT THE NICEST GOLDPAN PLACE IF THEY HAVE ONE, I DO NOT THINK WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH TIME WHEN WE FLY IN.

THE TOTEM POLES SOUND LIKE FUN.WHAT ELSE DO YOU SUGGEST. WE WILL BE ON THE CORAL PRICESS LAND CRUISE FROM AUG.6-18. N ONE HAS REPSONSED TO THE SIP POST WHICH I HAVE HAD UP SVERAL TIMES. WONDER WHY?:eek:

Archived