Recommendation needed for 2009

MHF

At the risk of inciting a riot, I would like your opinion on various lines sailing to Alaska. We are a couple in our mid-40's and thinking about this for August-September 2009. We LOVED QM2 last year but weren't thrilled with RCL 2 years ago. Not excited about Carnival but not ready to pay SilverSea prices. I have enough air miles to buy flight tickets so not worried about starting/ending points. Would be nice to have a table for 2, a balcony, and open seating-open time dining (pipe dreams!). Celebrity? HAL? Princess? Other Ideas?

THANKS!

Melissa

Your priority is the ship and service?? Celebrity, is slightly more upscale line, HAL has excellent service as well. You may want to go to the ship reviews and read over reports, then decide.

I am looking at Celebrity roundtrip from Vancouver but notice they have changed to sailing only inside passage upon return for 2009 and not up and back like they are doing in 2008.

BudgetQueen I know you are very experienced in itineraries and we are wish to do some touring in Canada and thought north and south would be more expensive flightwise as we are two adults with two kids ages 11 and 14.

I am just in the beginning process of reading all the posts over the summer, but the change and new itinerary leaves no previous experience to review.

Archived