Refund from WOW Sale for Online Bookings

Yes I'm sure. It is an OBC and half of your deposit refunded. Here is what the WOW sale said:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BOOKING ONLINE

Bookings made on the web site will not show reduced deposit amount. Deposit amount will be manually adjusted and difference will be refunded.

Yes I'm sure. It is an OBC and half of your deposit refunded. Here is what the WOW sale said:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BOOKING ONLINE

Bookings made on the web site will not show reduced deposit amount. Deposit amount will be manually adjusted and difference will be refunded.

I don't believe it's a refund of the deposit, but they only charge you 50% of what they would have charged in a normal booking. The rest is paid at the final payment. At least that's how it worked for us.

Why did you need the refund of the deposit? Didn't they just charge you half of it when you booked? Did they charge you full deposit? We only were charged half of deposit on our credit card, with the balance of deposit due at final payment.

For online bookings you had to pay the full deposit and then they would manually adjust the booking to reflect the half deposit and refund the adjustment to you credit card. Only when you called RCI were you charged only the half deposit amount. The OP was pretty clear with the procedure in post #3.

Yes, the two main "selling points" of the WOW sale was 1) only half of the usual deposit was required and, 2) OBC. I booked on their website and was charged a full deposit amount. I have not yet received half of the deposit back either, HOWEVER, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didn't refund half of the deposit. I mean, it has to be paid at some point anyway. If they refund half of the deposit, it's that much more I'll owe down the road. I mainly booked for the OBC.

Archived