Silly Question

PhilUK73

Gee, that may depend on which ship. I could swear I saw them on the Star Princess when I sailed her. They were in the liquor store. However, that was a couple of years ago.

Afternoon folks,

Can anyone tell me if you are able to purchase cigarettes on board or will I need to be fully stocked up beforehand?

You can buy them in the ship's store, however they will not be delivered to your cabin until the night before you disembark. Solution is to bring them with you unless you want to by them by the pack at the bar which will cost you $4 a pack and they don't sell all brands.

Very expensive for consumption on board, I would take them on with you. :)

I was just in Ireland and cigarettes were 8 euro a pack. A lot cheaper to purchase on board ship.

We will be on the Sea Princess, in a few weeks

Hi there. Not long off the Sea Princess, and UK like you. You're in for a fab time. We wish we were still on her.

You can buy fags behind the bar at any time, for loose change. Ridiculously cheap - two quid a pack. Go see Becky in the Cigar Bar. If you smoke normal fags, you'll get something you like. But you'll be pissed anyway, and won't care.

You can buy them from the shop in bulk, cheaper than most ports (but NOT Gibralter, where they give them away).

If Gibralter is your last port, note that non-EU rules apply. That means that technically, you're limited to 200 to take home. Most folk said that there was little risk in going through with a suitcase full. We didn't, because we'd had a great time, and we didn't want to end it with a strip-search by customs in the arse end of England. The decision, as they say, is yours........

I'd say very little risk, but......

Afternoon folks,

Can anyone tell me if you are able to purchase cigarettes on board or will I need to be fully stocked up beforehand?

funny...I toilet trained one of my kids in Florida by telling her that they didn't sell diapers in Florida (she bought that hook, line and sinker), and came home from Orlando totally potty trained. Perhaps you should play the same game, and even if they do sell cigarettes on board, pretend they don't, and quit...it will help you live longer. Believe me, my dad quit cold turkey after smoking non-filtered cigarettes for 30years. He is now (thoroughly) enjoying his smoke-free life (at the age of 82) with his wife:), children:), grandchildren:)and great-grandchildren:). Not judging...just making a suggestion.

funny...I toilet trained one of my kids in Florida by telling her that they didn't sell diapers in Florida (she bought that hook, line and sinker), and came home from Orlando totally potty trained. Perhaps you should play the same game, and even if they do sell cigarettes on board, pretend they don't, and quit...it will help you live longer. Believe me, my dad quit cold turkey after smoking non-filtered cigarettes for 30years. He is now (thoroughly) enjoying his smoke-free life (at the age of 82) with his wife:), children:), grandchildren:)and great-grandchildren:). Not judging...just making a suggestion.

Tell you what, you do that with food, and we'll do it with cigarettes. :D

Archived