Time for a Poll: OASIS & ALLURE

OASIS & ALLURE: What do YOU think?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. OASIS & ALLURE: What do YOU think?

• I love them
    • I hate them
    • I am totally and utterly indifferent to the name choices
    • Hey, I submitted one of them!
    • I still prefer ***** of the Seas

Guest scfjjb

Too Big for the Seas! (and I'm not a Carnival cheerleader ... we regularly cruise RCI, Princess and Carnival)

No Way of the Seas

Never.... I was raised in a small town with fewer people than those ships will hold. I certainly wouldn't want to cruise with most of that population.....certainly won't cruise on a floating Shopping Mall/Disneyland......

I voted "hate them" but that is really just too strong. I just think they sound awful....espectially Allure OTS :(

Plus, when I think of Oasis - I think dessert and not water or seas :confused:

You forgot my choice..."Just open the darn booking already :rolleyes:"

I don't care if they call it chicken of the sea, I just want to start making some solid plans. :D

Oh, so you would be okay with "Gimme Your FirstBorn as a Down Payment of the Seas", eh, Michele? ;)

No Way of the Seas

Never.... I was raised in a small town with fewer people than those ships will hold. I certainly wouldn't want to cruise with most of that population.....certainly won't cruise on a floating Shopping Mall/Disneyland......

Well, to be fair, G'Ma, the question isn't about whether you like the ships or would sail on them, but just whether you like the names. :)

I said Oasis of the Seas way back last year on a thread I started here before they even announced the contest but of course being from the UK I couldnt enter the contest.:(

Good for you, Liz! Maybe they'll name the third one in your honor: ESP of the Seas ;)

I am totally and utterly indifferent to their names. Now if both of my suggestions were picked, instead of just one, it might be different. ;)

I don't go on a cruise based upon the ship's name, so the hype is really not an issue to me.

Eric

I chose ***** of the Seas since ***** happened to Mystique and Allure? That was a better combination in my mind than OASIS which gives you the sense it will be the the caribbean the whole time.

Eh, don't really care though to be honest. Probably will be 50 years old before I'll sail on it, lol

I hate them. My preferences were Blunder of the Seas and Vasa* of the Seas. If you couldn't guess, I hate the concept, too.

*Vasa being a ship in Stockholm that was so large and unwieldy that she sank in the harbor on her maiden voyage, about 200 feet into it. She's in a museum now. Although I imagine that Blunder and Vasa2 will be more seaworthy, I worry about them sinking RCI's profits...

I hate them. My preferences were Blunder of the Seas and Vasa* of the Seas. If you couldn't guess, I hate the concept, too.

*Vasa being a ship in Stockholm that was so large and unwieldy that she sank in the harbor on her maiden voyage, about 200 feet into it. She's in a museum now. Although I imagine that Blunder and Vasa2 will be more seaworthy, I worry about them sinking RCI's profits...

Vasa of the Seas!! Too funny Jean:D :D :D

Rick

That was a better combination in my mind than OASIS which gives you the sense it will be the the caribbean the whole time.

Which, if you read the comments by the RCI spokesman, Harri Kulovaara, when the Central Park "neighborhood" was first announced, you will see that he indicated exactly that. The design of the ships assumes that they will sail exclusively in the Caribbean. Now, that was also apparently the assumption that RCI made when they designed and introduced the Voyager class ships and we now see them sailing in Europe and several other venues, so things can change, but for awhile at least the ships will limit their sailings to the Caribbean.:)

=crusinmama06;14761815]You forgot my choice..."Just open the darn booking already :rolleyes:"

I don't care if they call it chicken of the sea, I just want to start making some solid plans. :D

I love that one. ;)

I voted "hate them" but that is really just too strong. I just think they sound awful....espectially Allure OTS :(

Plus, when I think of Oasis - I think dessert and not water or seas :confused:

Me, too. I think "hate" is too strong....I think the names are cheesy. JMO

I am more concerned about if they are safe, reliable, affordable and if the itinerary is of interest to me. And if I was to pick a name, I would search out some co-branding, like the Chevrolet Suburban of the Seas. Or, the Ford Excursion of the Seas.

Mike

Archived