Which PS on Diamond.

Circusboy354

Hi

We have booked a PS suite on the Diamond Princess. Can someone offer suggestions on which to choose, C757, C752, C750, C104 are available. C104 is bigger however I have read a few negatives about this suite. If we leave the upgrade option open will Princess contact us before the upgrade or will it happen automatically? I ask because we prefer to be at the very back of the ship, if we got an upgrade it may be to a mid ship suite which I don't see any benifit off. Your opinions on this would be appreciated.

On another note, I have found this cruise cheaper to book in the UK than from a US agent. This is because they charge full fare for our baby in the US, in the UK it is discounted saving almost a third of the US price, how strange.

I would not book C104. Since it is at the front of the ship the balcony will be too windy to use while the ship is sailing. I have also heard reports that the drapes must be kept closed at night since the light can interfere with navigation on the bridge. If you prefer aft, book one of those suites and have your booking marked no upgrades.

I don't have my chart in front of me, but my memory tells me the

ones next to the "vent" are in the middle and the ones with the beams

are farther from the middle.

When we were on the Emerald last month we had C753, a balcony cabin

on the corner, and the suite next to us, I think it may have been C750,

and it definitely had a beam.

speaking as a person who's had suites twice before, I didn't mind the beam

at all on the suite cabins since it gave me a way to hide from the sun

at certain times of the day, but the beam will be obstrucing the sliding

door for the living room portion.

We had a VS both times on Dolphin or Emerald, and they're wonderful since they're on the corner.

Given a choice, I'd always pick a VS over any other on the aft section. If you go with VS, remember

that the VS's on Emerald deck are above Club Fusion. Also, I second the comment about C104 -- I don't

care for those cabins at all, location wise and layout wise. I toured one of those on one ship, either Diamond

of Sapphire, and the bathroom wasn't even a suite bathroom, and it felt like two tiny cabins the way it

was laid out as opposed to one nice larger cabin.

Hi 4cats4me

Are the VS cabins the same size as the PS and do they have private balconies or can other people look down onto them?

Also I cannot find any problems relating to the vent, I know there ae some, but I'm not sure what the problems are.

Thanks

Archived