Cabin reassignment???

mandiecandie5

I booked with an online TA and when we chose our category (4C) there were only 3 rooms to choose from. Now on the website there are about 8 more different rooms listed in the same category that I booked, but the price for the room has also gone up.

Is it possible to switch to a different room in our same booked category 4C, without having to pay anything??

OK well I just got off the phone with my (completely rude) TA who said that they won't switch us because our room is in a special group of discounted rooms called Night Owl rooms. Even though they are not advertised as that ANYWHERE. So we can not switch to a different 4C room. The TA went on lying, saying that it IS advertised on their website when it is NOT anywhere.

Its just the fact of the matter here that is frustrating. Should I call Carnival? Not really sure what to do at this point. I don't really care that it is a night owl room but would rather have a room mid-ship.

If you are outside the penalty period, you can switch but you will more than likely have to pay the difference. I am not sure why they would switch you to a higher priced cabin without charging you the difference... If you are working with a TA, chance of Carnival working directly with you are slim... You can cancel with TA and book with Carnival if they will give you a lower price on said cabin though (again, if you are outside the penalty period)... hope you have a great cruise!!!!

Thanks for clearing this all up. On Princess, each floor is divided into different categories based on forward, midship, or aft positions and that determines the price. Carnivals pricing is a bit more confusing, thats all.

Still sucks they don't advertise those rooms as being "Night Owl" rooms when they sell them. They just leave it for you to figure out on your own. :confused:

Still sucks they don't advertise those rooms as being "Night Owl" rooms when they sell them. They just leave it for you to figure out on your own. :confused:

Do you mind being in a cabin with noise until 2am?:mad:

If so, I would call Carnival and tell them that you were just informed from the TA that these are night owl rooms and you do not want to hear any noise after 10pm or there will be a problem.Ask if they can fax your TA. The TA is almost required to make you aware of that fact.That is why they are called night owl rooms and have that pricing.Are you 100% sure you had no knowledge or could it have been noted but you had no idea?

Steve

Thanks for the help again.

I booked online with Smrtcrusr (abbreviated form, not totally sure on the rules here so won't list the whole name) and there was definately NO indication that these rooms were any different than any other in its category. It was the same exact verbage as booking a suite.

The room is a 4C above the disco on the Destiny and I wouldn't of known anything about it until I called the TA today and he informed me that my room was indeed labled as a "Night Owl" room. He said we would be very unhappy in that room and it would be very loud until late into the night.

But for the price it is too good of a deal to be upset, however since he was over the top rude to me and lied about the info on the website, I plan on calling his supervisor Monday.

Good idea to check with supervisor.

From personal experience, I can tell you that a noisy cabin CAN ruin a cruise. Several years ago we were given a cabin across the hall from the room service delivery area. EVERY night we couldn't sleep due to dropped trays, dishes and silverware, rattling, plus crew members talking, laughing,etc. It was horrible. MY DH told the purser our problem and asked him to guess what cabin we were in... the pursor immediately responded with our cabin number. No empty cabins to move us. We didn't cruise again for a LONG time!

It's very dishonest of your TA not to explain the "Night Owl" cabin . Perhaps a Carnival supervisor might be of assistance if you have no luck from your TA. (I doubt they want unhappy passengers on board.)

If not, it might be worth it to upgrade... guess it depends how much a noisy cabin would bother you. GOOD LUCK....

If you booked through a TA and not Carnival, calling Carnival probably won't do any good. If it were me, I would definitely call and talk to the supervisor. And next time, I suggest that you book through Carnival. They do have some good rates.

Good luck, let us knkow how you made out.

Not all Cabins of the same category type cost the same --- e.g., as you move to higher decks sometimes cabins in the very aft and midships are more expensive.

the categories are all the same.. an inside is an inisde- It will depend on what deck you are on for the price. THe higer you go the more expensive it is. On some decks you will have a different cat 8 balcony cabin. depending if its an extended balcony.

(i for one would not be booking a nightowl cabin-no matter how cheap it was.

Carnival will not speak to you since you have an agent. You can ask your agent for a three way conversation with Carnival.

I think I'm just now realizing the risk I took when I booked a guaranteed cabin. I figured "How bad can it be? All the inside rooms are the same and I could get moved to a higher deck."

It never occured to me that I could be sent to one of those night owl rooms, which I would think they could. They can send my to any cabin they want as long as it's at least as good as what I paid for. (That is, it's at least a 4A)

I'm worried now.

I never even heard of a night owl cabin before now.

Thanks for the help again.

I booked online with Smrtcrusr (abbreviated form, not totally sure on the rules here so won't list the whole name) and there was definately NO indication that these rooms were any different than any other in its category. It was the same exact verbage as booking a suite.

The room is a 4C above the disco on the Destiny and I wouldn't of known anything about it until I called the TA today and he informed me that my room was indeed labled as a "Night Owl" room. He said we would be very unhappy in that room and it would be very loud until late into the night.

But for the price it is too good of a deal to be upset, however since he was over the top rude to me and lied about the info on the website, I plan on calling his supervisor Monday.

I don't understand what you are trying to get from all of us????????

I looked at the web site and the pricing and it was you who choose those rooms.From the replies and postings below you clearly knew before booking.

This is from your post on this thread on 10/9

>>>>>got off the phone with my (completely rude) TA who said that they >>>>>won't switch us because our room is in a special group of discounted >>>>>rooms called Night Owl rooms. Even though they are not advertised as >>>>>that ANYWHERE. So we can not switch to a different 4C room. The TA >>>>>went on lying, saying that it IS advertised on their website when it is >>>>>NOT anywhere.

And again on 10/9

>>>>> Still sucks they don't advertise those rooms as being "Night Owl" >>>>>rooms when they sell them. They just leave it for you to figure out on >>>>>your own.

Yet on another thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=86245

you ask on 10/3 in 2 postings...

>>>>> I found a good deal on a 4C cabin on the Upper Deck, but the only >>>>>rooms they are offering are directly above the disco. Does anyone >>>>>know about these rooms? Is this why they are so cheap?!?

>>>>>So how bad is it actually? Will their walls be shaking from the beat of >>>>>the bass or is it more like background noise that could be fixed by >>>>>having their own music playing in their room (or earplugs!)??? How late >>>>>does it go till??? :)

>>>>>I sure feel bad for people that just go ahead and book these rooms >>>>>without knowing any of this! Especially if they go to bed early or have >>>>>small children with them

You are told on the other thread that these are night owl rooms yet in this thread you did not know anything about that until you called your TA (who you say is a liar) today (a week later than the other thread).The other thread you state you are trying to book and in this thread you have booked.You clearly knew these were night owl rooms before you booked now you are posting that you got deceived.Am I missing something here?

Steve

We are concerned about our cabin assignment on the Legend. Even though we received a nice upgrade from a 4A to a 6A it is only a few cabins down from the Firebird Lounge which has late night entertainment, cabin 1110. They have a show every night at 11:30 PM. I would like to hear from someone who has had a cabin in that similar location either on the Legend, Spirit or Pride that could give us some insite on how it would be. We are not "night owls" as We like to retire at least by 11:00PM.

Jim

I don't understand what you are trying to get from all of us????????

I looked at the web site and the pricing and it was you who choose those rooms.From the replies and postings below you clearly knew before booking.

This is from your post on this thread on 10/9

>>>>>got off the phone with my (completely rude) TA who said that they >>>>>won't switch us because our room is in a special group of discounted >>>>>rooms called Night Owl rooms. Even though they are not advertised as >>>>>that ANYWHERE. So we can not switch to a different 4C room. The TA >>>>>went on lying, saying that it IS advertised on their website when it is >>>>>NOT anywhere.

And again on 10/9

>>>>> Still sucks they don't advertise those rooms as being "Night Owl" >>>>>rooms when they sell them. They just leave it for you to figure out on >>>>>your own.

Yet on another thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=86245

you ask on 10/3 in 2 postings...

>>>>> I found a good deal on a 4C cabin on the Upper Deck, but the only >>>>>rooms they are offering are directly above the disco. Does anyone >>>>>know about these rooms? Is this why they are so cheap?!?

>>>>>So how bad is it actually? Will their walls be shaking from the beat of >>>>>the bass or is it more like background noise that could be fixed by >>>>>having their own music playing in their room (or earplugs!)??? How late >>>>>does it go till??? :)

>>>>>I sure feel bad for people that just go ahead and book these rooms >>>>>without knowing any of this! Especially if they go to bed early or have >>>>>small children with them

You are told on the other thread that these are night owl rooms yet in this thread you did not know anything about that until you called your TA (who you say is a liar) today (a week later than the other thread).The other thread you state you are trying to book and in this thread you have booked.You clearly knew these were night owl rooms before you booked now you are posting that you got deceived.Am I missing something here?

Steve

whoa, steve, are you an attorney? a p.i.? someone who completes the n.y. times crossword puzzle in ink, no less? good deduction there, columbo! guess that ends this thread, don't ya think?:p

Archived