LIVE from RADIANCE in KETCHIKAN

Patrick.........Juneau is supposed to be sunshine and 73 degrees today. Actually, if the weatherman predictions are correct.......you are due for either sunny days or partly sunny days for the rest of the voyage!! That is perfect cruising weather for Alaska.

Looking forward to hearing more as your trip progresses.

Rick

GMoney, Glad to hear you are having great weather. We will be sailing Radiance on 6/20 with my mother. This is her dream vacation and we can only hope for sunny skies.

Would love it if you could bring back compasses for each day and post them or email them to me.

Dena

Yeppers..........that was me!!!

hi Patty--hope all is well.

Ketchikan was a huge success. The clear, sunny, warm weather held up for the entire day. All of the locals were out enjoying it. My kayak excursion was good, but nothing to write home about.

Re-embarkation lines were ridiculously long. Glad it wasn't raining!

Only 1 other ship in port - 7 Seas Mariner.

More whale and dolphin sightings as we sailed away.

Tonight's weather is foggy and some chop - more Alaska-like. Hopefully things will be nice in Juneau!

We met Matt Yee today. What a hoot.

Thank you all for your nice posts.

I also look forward to your postings and info. we will be on Radiance in Aug from Seward to Vancouver

hi Patty--hope all is well.

I also look forward to your postings and info. we will be on Radiance in Aug from Seward to Vancouver

Hey there Bren.............nice to hear from you. All is great here. So you are doing Alaska before your TA with Chris & Martha?

Hey there Bren.............nice to hear from you. All is great here. So you are doing Alaska before your TA with Chris & Martha?

ok, maybe the 3rd time is the charm. I typed a nce reply and hit send and it said my message was too short, guess I was typing within the quote and didn't realize it. suffice it to say--YES we are going to alaska & it;s not my fault like it normally is. looking forward to it.

hope to one day be on a cruise with you guys

ok, maybe the 3rd time is the charm. I typed a nce reply and hit send and it said my message was too short, guess I was typing within the quote and didn't realize it. suffice it to say--YES we are going to alaska & it;s not my fault like it normally is. looking forward to it.

hope to one day be on a cruise with you guys

Oh how great is that.............a cruise to Alaska and then a TA with my sisters!! You'd better make sure that they behave themselves.:p

Yes, we must plan on something.

Oh how great is that.............a cruise to Alaska and then a TA with my sisters!! You'd better make sure that they behave themselves.:p

Yes, we must plan on something.

:eek: no can do, then I would have to behave myself:p :D we are actually at the same table. I look forward to getting to know them in person. wish things weren't so dang expensive over there right now--wow

GMoney, Glad to hear you are having great weather. We will be sailing Radiance on 6/20 with my mother. This is her dream vacation and we can only hope for sunny skies.

Would love it if you could bring back compasses for each day and post them or email them to me.

Dena

I'm sorry; my compasses go right in the trash. Let me know if you have specific questions I can help with.

I will be sure to ask him. :) He is doing a great job.

Patrick, thanks for the update on your cruise. So glad you are having nice weather. Please tell Reyno that Pat and I said hello. We feel he is the "best of the best" when it comes to Concierge's. Pat said to have Reyno send her a Baileys, he makes the best ones. DW wants to know if your cabin is the RS or OS and also, how was your dinner with the Captain? By the way, nice picture of Emma Rose!!

Hope the balance of your cruise is great. Ron

Patrick, thanks for the update on your cruise. So glad you are having nice weather. Please tell Reyno that Pat and I said hello. We feel he is the "best of the best" when it comes to Concierge's. Pat said to have Reyno send her a Baileys, he makes the best ones. DW wants to know if your cabin is the RS or OS and also, how was your dinner with the Captain? By the way, nice picture of Emma Rose!!

Hope the balance of your cruise is great. Ron

Hi Ron - Thanks for your post. I will be sure to send your regards to Reyno, if I can get a word in edgewise in the lounge. There is one guest who likes to be the center of attention. :D

My inside cabin is lovely. I'm never in it. :)

No dinner with the captain (I wouldn't have anything to wear even if I was invited), but my dinners in the Windjammer have been excellent!

Talk to you soon. :)

Glad to hear the pool is heated, otherwise a bit too cold I'm sure.

Enjoying reading your posts. Thanks for all the information.

Have you used the Thermal Suite at all? Any idea of cost?

I looked briefly; don't recall for sure. I want to say $139 for a single / week, $159 for a couple / week.

Patrick sorry I missed seeing your live from posts - I was live myself. Hope you had as great a time in Alaska as I did.

I did - and still am lol! Your posts have been very entertaining. Glad you had a great vacation.

Would like to hear more about the ship. Is the Radiance in good condition?

She's in decent shape. Public areas look fine. Carpeting is good too, with some patches replaced in drydock. Golf course got some recent attention too. Beyond that, you really can't see any signs of the drydock. The only places is looks truly worn is 1) in some cabins (knicks, dings, scrapes) and her exterior, which clearly took a beating going thru the canal. See needs a coat of paint!

Archived