Where to get OCRA boat in Juneau?

sharp_cruiser

They also are on the second floor, big sign. :) IF you wish a drop off/pick up at Mendenhall, it has to be arranged for ahead of time, then you use the Mendenhall shuttle bus in the other direction. Same location, parking lot by the tram.

this photo was taken from the balcony in front of their office. you will see the big "orca" hanging from the roof. once you get signed in, they will take you done to that parking lot (you see in the photo) and you will get in their van/bus for a ride to auke bay...where the small boat harbor is.

besure to take the time to look at some of the videos and photos..very interesting/beautiful shots.

when they bring you back, they unload you in the same parking lot....unless you have plans to go to mendenhall glacier.

1586916168_20Tramstation.jpg.3d443cf8eef7480474a59cd294d4b350.jpg

They also are on the second floor, big sign. :) IF you wish a drop off/pick up at Mendenhall, it has to be arranged for ahead of time, then you use the Mendenhall shuttle bus in the other direction. Same location, parking lot by the tram.

So... if we want to be dropped off at Mendenhall do we just tell them before we head out for the whale watch? or do we have to tell them before that. I've already booked and paid for the tour in August and didn't plan on being in touch with them before we arrive in port... maybe I should just call them up and ask? if we are on the 1pm tour, I wonder if we'll have good enough time with daylight for the glacier?

Thanks for any info... love the valuable information I get from you guys!!! This time my roll call has had zero action so can't ask anyone on my voyage...

arrange it before hand....better to not have surprises.

you can check the charts, or ask orca, about daylight hours when you are there. in sept, no your wouldn't have time..it was dark about 7pm. you will have longer light in august.

So... if we want to be dropped off at Mendenhall do we just tell them before we head out for the whale watch? or do we have to tell them before that. I've already booked and paid for the tour in August and didn't plan on being in touch with them before we arrive in port... maybe I should just call them up and ask? if we are on the 1pm tour, I wonder if we'll have good enough time with daylight for the glacier?

Thanks for any info... love the valuable information I get from you guys!!! This time my roll call has had zero action so can't ask anyone on my voyage...

You need to arrange this now and inquire if it is available to you. August has plenty of daylight. But the Mendenhall visitor center closes around 6pm and shuttle stop running a little later.

Archived