Question for Moderator as to Removal of DR Threads

Hi -

I love Cruise Critic & always rely heavily on all of the info when planning what to do at each port of call. However, the threads on the DR are constantly removed so that I can only see about 30 days worth. Why? It seems odd that thsi is done only for the DR as it is not done on the other ports of call. Would it be possible to keep the threads on the DR up there for longer periods as they are on St Lucia, Grand Turk, etc? It would really help all of the loyal subscribers out there to better know what to do in the DR as that is one port that many of my fellow cruisers seem unsure as to what are the best options especially in La Romana. Thank you for your consideration!

Hi -

I love Cruise Critic & always rely heavily on all of the info when planning what to do at each port of call. However, the threads on the DR are constantly removed so that I can only see about 30 days worth. Why? It seems odd that thsi is done only for the DR as it is not done on the other ports of call. Would it be possible to keep the threads on the DR up there for longer periods as they are on St Lucia, Grand Turk, etc? It would really help all of the loyal subscribers out there to better know what to do in the DR as that is one port that many of my fellow cruisers seem unsure as to what are the best options especially in La Romana. Thank you for your consideration!

You need to reset your edit options...

go to your user CP and the Edit options in Age/Default (or something like that) and choose show all threads. The mods are not deleting any threads, it is your options that are not allowing you to see them.

Good luck....:)

You need to reset your edit options...

go to your user CP and the Edit options in Age/Default (or something like that) and choose show all threads. The mods are not deleting any threads, it is your options that are not allowing you to see them.

Good luck....:)

Thanks for that info! I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I changed mine and now I can see them all. Thanks!

For whatever reason the DR thread seems to reset itself to "last week", when I reset it and view other threads it still defaults back to the original setting. Seems it could be reset somehow by the administrators.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

we are not removing any threads or posts on the DR site.. if you are having problems go to the HELP board and one of our super techie people will be glad to help you...

Archived