World cruise hopeful

alibru

Hi,

Like others, my husband & I are anxiously awaiting the release of the 2010 world cruise itinerary. We are Australians so we are planning on doing a Sydney to Southampton segment followed by a 4-5 month tour of Europe.

Whilst we have previously done a couple of short 5-12 day cruises this would be our first long cruise.

Does anyone have any hints/tricks we should consider in planning for a long cruise?

Hi,

Like others, my husband & I are anxiously awaiting the release of the 2010 world cruise itinerary. We are Australians so we are planning on doing a Sydney to Southampton segment followed by a 4-5 month tour of Europe.

Whilst we have previously done a couple of short 5-12 day cruises this would be our first long cruise.

Does anyone have any hints/tricks we should consider in planning for a long cruise?

hi, I had the inordinate pleasureof the Singapore to Southampton sectors of the queen victoria this year.... She is a fantastic ship and I was so taken with her I have booked the 2010 trip so look forward to meeting you. Travelling solo concerned me a bit before boarding but I met so many fantastic

people on board it would be my first choice for my next trip.

In addition to those suggested blogs can I add, around the world in 108days. They are great reading and you'll learn a lot from their experiences..

Roscoe

hi, I had the inordinate pleasureof the Singapore to Southampton sectors of the queen victoria this year.... She is a fantastic ship and I was so taken with her I have booked the 2010 trip so look forward to meeting you. Travelling solo concerned me a bit before boarding but I met so many fantastic

people on board it would be my first choice for my next trip.

In addition to those suggested blogs can I add, around the world in 108days. They are great reading and you'll learn a lot from their experiences..

Roscoe

Hi Roscoe

I guess your silence from the ship meant you were too busy enjoying yourself (we saw some of the photos) ????? Glad you had a good time.

Regards

Ken

Many thanks I will read the suggested blogs in anticipation & certainly look forward to meeting you Roscoe on the ship as well.

I am also interested in cabin choice. Bruce (my husband) likes midships & high so I guess its A1 for us. Another friend may also be joining us. She will be travelling alone, so the single supplements make choices a little difficult. Any ideas what the inside cabins are like?

Cheers

Ali

Hi Roscoe

I guess your silence from the ship meant you were too busy enjoying yourself (we saw some of the photos) ????? Glad you had a good time.

Regards

Ken

well howdee Ken....Ive dropped you a couple of notes on the other thread but got no responce....figured you had waunderred off since your own adventure....... yes...it was a bit expensive to cruise through the cruiscritic site while on board!...lol...but everything about the ship made up for it. HAd a great time in Morrocco afterwards but the ship really was the high light of the trip. Met some great people......and shock horror....even started drinking again! Juan in the commodore club was a really good salesman!

I found your bum indentation on the barstool.....lol

Many thanks I will read the suggested blogs in anticipation & certainly look forward to meeting you Roscoe on the ship as well.

I am also interested in cabin choice. Bruce (my husband) likes midships & high so I guess its A1 for us. Another friend may also be joining us. She will be travelling alone, so the single supplements make choices a little difficult. Any ideas what the inside cabins are like?

Cheers

Ali

I saw a couple fo the A1s...they were very nice...

I peersonally prefer low and to the middle though if midships not available the stern is first choice. The route this year was extrememly smooth in seas....in fact a little too smooth for some of us who were dying for a couple of swells to liven up the movement on board!

I had an inside cabin this trip...and not ashamed to admit it either! I loved the cabin it was a d7 and perfect size for one....in fact boarderring on spacious. The lack of drawers that everyone seems to be obsessed with didnt bother me and besides by the time we board I believe most cabins will be outfitted with new ones.

I have some pics if you would like them...ill see if I can find some a1 pics as well....:D

well howdee Ken....Ive dropped you a couple of notes on the other thread but got no responce....figured you had waunderred off since your own adventure....... yes...it was a bit expensive to cruise through the cruiscritic site while on board!...lol...but everything about the ship made up for it. HAd a great time in Morrocco afterwards but the ship really was the high light of the trip. Met some great people......and shock horror....even started drinking again! Juan in the commodore club was a really good salesman!

I found your bum indentation on the barstool.....lol

Hi Roscoe

Just found your note on the other thread (gave up checking way before 10 May!!!) and posted the obligatory questions for you to answer there!!!

Just knew you would like Queen Victoria somehow. How have you booked 2010 - didn't think it was out yet???

Never mind the bum indentations, I hope to God you didn't find the teeth marks!!! Don't recall Juan in Coomodore but Christian in the Champagne Bar was our nemesis!!!!

Ken

Hi Roscoe

Just found your note on the other thread (gave up checking way before 10 May!!!) and posted the obligatory questions for you to answer there!!!

Just knew you would like Queen Victoria somehow. How have you booked 2010 - didn't think it was out yet???

Never mind the bum indentations, I hope to God you didn't find the teeth marks!!! Don't recall Juan in Coomodore but Christian in the Champagne Bar was our nemesis!!!!

Ken

Yeah sorry bout my late posting of 5 may....i only got home on the 4th...so that was pretty prompt for me!

i did find some teeth marks but they were on one of the barmen.....

did a fantastic engine tour of the ship...was one of the many highlights ....scored the Cunard Jacket that they were on deck and some white overalls...

Ive put a forward deposit down on 2010, the intinerary isnt out but Ill do the same sectors in the same grade cabi...going to join us...??

:eek:

Juan was brilliant in the Commodore club...was my favourite bar on board...liked the champagne bay and especially the Carinthia Cafe just behind it.

Hi Roscoe

Ken

Yeah sorry bout my late posting of 5 may....i only got home on the 9th...so that was pretty prompt for me!

did a fantastic engine tour of the ship...was one of the many highlights ....scored the Cunard Jacket that they were on deck and some white overalls...

Ive put a forward deposit down on 2010, the intinerary isnt out but Ill do the same sectors in the same grade cabi...going to join us...??

Juan was brilliant in the Commodore club...was my favourite bar on board...liked the champagne bay and especially the Carinthia Cafe just behind it.

Hi Roscoe

Ken

Yeah sorry bout my late posting of 10 may....i only got home on the 9th...so that was pretty prompt for me!

Archived