Last minute cruises

lucielady

Does any know if you can still go to a cruise port and get aboard a cruise ship, if there are empty cabins? Or, did that stop after 9/11?

I am not an expert, but since 9/11 the cruise companies have to submit their manifest to US Customs/TSA a certain number of hours before the cruise departs. You will get better info for the more experienced folks on these boards.

Does any know if you can still go to a cruise port and get aboard a cruise ship, if there are empty cabins? Or, did that stop after 9/11?

No its not allowed a tentative manifest has to bne transmitted a certain umber of hours before sailing. A finakl one is transmitt4ed an hour before the ship sails and 96 hours befoire a ship enters a uS port.

Thanks for all you answers. That's kinda what I thought! So I guess you can call about a specific cruise a week to 10 days before the cruise and if there are cabins available, you could get lucky and get a good price.

Thanks for all you answers. That's kinda what I thought! So I guess you can call about a specific cruise a week to 10 days before the cruise and if there are cabins available, you could get lucky and get a good price.

Yep, you might be very lucky !! We were once !!!:)

Archived