Mates Rates Pacific Dawn.

If you are a solo traveller and want to get in on the "Mates Rates" fare (4 people in a cabin), if this is even possible, do they just select the other people for you? Is that how it works? Anybody have any experience with this kind of cabin share accomodation?

Thanks much!

If you are a solo traveller and want to get in on the "Mates Rates" fare (4 people in a cabin), if this is even possible, do they just select the other people for you? Is that how it works? Anybody have any experience with this kind of cabin share accomodation?

Thanks much!

I don't think they do this any more. There is a solo travellers website where you might find other solo travellers who are looking for a cabin mate.

The other option is to book a cabin just for yourself and take the cheapest fare on a cruise that is offered at a special price. I don't know if that is economically feasible for you, but it might be worth investigating. :):)

Thanks much!

Where are you icy? :D

There is a solo cruise site that has been mentioned here before, but is a T\A, so you will need to find on Google.

If you want to book a twin cabin to yourself, the lower categories charge 160% of single fare - and like Ela says, a good special will make it pretty economical.

Thanks much!

Hi Alessandra! i am a solo traveller and unfortunately p & O no longer do share with a stranger . The reasons bveing I think that they have had too many problems with unsuitable mates:eek: so u have to pay the single supplement. Some times they have a T grade special for singles just keep an eye out for it . As for the singles website it no longer is in operation so there is no use looking for it . I f you want any more info about solo travelling on a cruise feel free to email me on my contact inofrmation on my profile here on cc.

Icy

Thanks for your replies and advice. I did ring P&O (nice to hear the Australian accent!) to make sure and yes there are no more share programs.

Icy, I think I remember your story about being in a cabin with a stranger and it did not work out well...

Cheers from Canada :) .

Archived