Info on creating cruise countdown clocks please!

Thanks I created the graphic and now am trying to add it to my signature, and it does not show and when I try to recreate the normal clocks it will not work even after deleting seemingly everything in the box. UGGGHHHH! I should have left well enough alone. Now I have nothing. Any suggestions?

Try this -

1st - Open Edit Signature in the User CP

2nd - copy and paste the text from the 2nd box that displays when you create a countdown clock in uCruiser.com (the one that says use for Cruise Critic) into the Edit Signature box

3rd - click preview signature and it should be there. Then you can save your signature.

Hope it works. :)

Something is majorly messed up in your sig seeing the large blank space and the quote button being in the middle instead of at the right. I seem to recall a poster who had a similar problem (unable to fix it herself) and had to get a moderator to intervene to resolve the issue.

You might want to post this over on the Need Help Using the Boards? forum.

How do you create your countdown clocks for your signature using another graphic generator?

Go here to the Test Forum where I show how to do 4 easy clocks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359934&page=6

This link will take you to the last page of my thread. (6) Scroll down to my last post and you will see the directions for 4 different style clocks used on here.

Yes I clicked edit user cp. I have created the regular countdown clocks before. I am thinking that it is an issue that is beyond my control, as I cannot even create a regular countdown clock let alone a custom one. Will try the moderators on this one.

OK all you computer guru's...............how do you get your clocks next to each other? I have tried to copy and paste and I have tried to cut and paste and it just doesn't allow me to do that in that small little box where you edit your signature.

I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK all you computer guru's...............how do you get your clocks next to each other? I have tried to copy and paste and I have tried to cut and paste and it just doesn't allow me to do that in that small little box where you edit your signature.

(no guru here, but I know this one ;) )

Go into your CP, then Signature, then left click on the clock you want side by side and drag it to where you want it.

When you left click on it, you can drag it around. So drag and drop it where you want it...then click Preview. It should appear next to the other one.

Just delete the hard return between the image codes. Then I put a space so they wouldn't be right up against each other.

(no guru here, but I know this one ;) )

Go into your CP, then Signature, then left click on the clock you want side by side and drag it to where you want it.

When you left click on it, you can drag it around. So drag and drop it where you want it...then click Preview. It should appear next to the other one.

Tried that...............guess my dragger or clicker ain't workin!!:(

Just delete the hard return between the image codes. Then I put a space so they wouldn't be right up against each other.

OK April, now this sounds a little easier...............BUT............what is the hard return between image codes. I figure it has to be some of those weird numbers and codes, I just can't figure out which ones. Remember I am blond and completely computer illiterate!!:o

Had the moderators fix my problems! Thank you all for your help.

Yeah!!! Your countdown clocks look terrific!!! :)

Tried that...............guess my dragger or clicker ain't workin!!

Patti - my dragger and clicker ain't working either!!! I tried all the suggestions and can't move my countdown clocks either. :confused:

Sorry, but I should have told you that you won't see the results until you hit preview after you drag it. Then you have to click "Save Signature"

When you click on the clock and hold it down to drag it, you should see the arrow with a box behind it, meaning it's dragging the clock. Then click preview to see if it worked.

"Hard Return" just means there is alot of space between your images (codes) If you remove the spaces, then the images get closer together.

OK April, now this sounds a little easier...............BUT............what is the hard return between image codes. I figure it has to be some of those weird numbers and codes, I just can't figure out which ones. Remember I am blond and completely computer illiterate!!:o
You can't really "see" a hard return. It looks like a space. It just causes the next character to start on a new line. Like when you are in a Word doument and hit the enter key to start a new line. That is hard return.

CC clock image codes end with "/url]" and begin with "" at the end of your first clock, hit the delete key and the "[" at the beginning of the 2nd clock should butt up against it. Then, if you want, you can click the space key to add a space (like mine).

Then do the same thing between your 3rd and 4th clocks.

Does that make sense?

P.S. I didn't know about the drag and drop either and I tried it but couldn't get it to work. It sounds like it would be in the preview window but it doesn't work there. Because all I see in the editable portion is image codes and I don't know how you would drag and drop there. :confused:

ETA: I see cruisinmama06 explained her method further but I still don't quite get it. :o In theory, dragging and dropping sounds easier but I just use the way I described above. :D

ETA: I see cruisinmama06 explained her method further but I still don't quite get it. :o In theory, dragging and dropping sounds easier but I just use the way I described above. :D

I will print screen what I am seeing....when you click on the clock in your "Edit Signature Box" do boxes form around the clock, see below?

Then I am able to drag it around.

Sorry, I wish I could explain myself better...lol.

codecopy.jpg

I will print screen what I am seeing....when you click on the clock in your "Edit Signature Box" do boxes form around the clock, see below?

Then I am able to drag it around.

Sorry, I wish I could explain myself better...lol.

Okay. I see what you are talking about now. You are talking about in the Preview box, right? Because in the Edit Signature box, all I see is the image codes.

But even in my Preview box I do not see those boxes around the clock. It looks just like it does in my sig. Maybe it's a browser issue??? I do not see the boxes in AOL 9.0 or IE 6.0.

Hi; After reading this thread I decided to change make some changes within "edit signature". I was able to remove the countdown clocks but I am unable to add anything or delete the following code within the "edit signature box"; <a href=". I am also unable to save any additional information like countdown clocks or typing. Help!!

crusinmama06, we live in Florida now but for 37 years lived in Penn State Country, (Upper Dauphin County).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Kerry:confused:

You can't really "see" a hard return. It looks like a space. It just causes the next character to start on a new line. Like when you are in a Word doument and hit the enter key to start a new line. That is hard return.

CC clock image codes end with "/url]" and begin with "" at the end of your first clock, hit the delete key and the "[" at the beginning of the 2nd clock should butt up against it. Then, if you want, you can click the space key to add a space (like mine).

Then do the same thing between your 3rd and 4th clocks.

Does that make sense?

P.S. I didn't know about the drag and drop either and I tried it but couldn't get it to work. It sounds like it would be in the preview window but it doesn't work there. Because all I see in the editable portion is image codes and I don't know how you would drag and drop there. :confused:

Thanks so much April, I will work on this.................sounds Greek to me!!!

Thanks Michelle, yes the boxes do form around the clock and the little envelope appears when I want to drag................but it will not drop in.

Gosh, I should have gone to school for this!!

Hi; After reading this thread I decided to change make some changes within "edit signature". I was able to remove the countdown clocks but I am unable to add anything or delete the following code within the "edit signature box"; <a href=". I am also unable to save any additional information like countdown clocks or typing. Help!![/color][/b]
I think you have a similar problem to what the OP had. Your quote button is now in the bottom left-hand corner of your post instead of the bottom right-hand corner. I think you will need to email a mod to get it fixed.

Thanks so much April, I will work on this.................sounds Greek to me!!!
I know it sounds complicated but really it's not! :) Maybe since you see the same boxes around your clocks that cruisnmama06 is talking about you can do the drag and drop method. Good luck! :cool:

Archived