Info on creating cruise countdown clocks please!

Boy am I glad I like my clocks under each other. :confused:

Maybe I will try it so I can be confused too. :D

I do know the "drag and drop." ;)

Thats how I got my Henry next to my Diamond. :D

Boy am I glad I like my clocks under each other. :confused:

Maybe I will try it so I can be confused too. :D

I do know the "drag and drop." ;)

Thats how I got my Henry next to my Diamond. :D

I'm with you Alexis..............it's just too complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is confusing especially since I tried with April told me.............but it still didn't work.

Think I'll change my hair color.............maybe then it'll work!!!!!!!!!:o

I'm with you Alexis..............it's just too complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is confusing especially since I tried with April told me.............but it still didn't work.

Think I'll change my hair color.............maybe then it'll work!!!!!!!!!:o

I was a red head and it has now naturally darkened with lots of grey. It is not the color. Repeat after me. We are wise in other things, if not computers. :D

We evidently do not see what crusinmama06 sees. I only see the code in that box. I do not see the clock until I hit preview. I have tried each way and no luck. The codes will not let me put them together. The code jumps right away from the other one. If I force it, all I get is a giant code and no clocks at all.

EDIT:

Do you see what is in my signature? It was not there when I hit preview in my signature? I don't know what did it? The Gremlins did it. :eek: I went to my signature and looked. Sure enough I had put just the beginning of the second clock code up against the end of the first clock code like Aprille said. [/img] But, when I would hit preview, it does not show the clocks side by side in the box. It only shows them next to each other in my postings on the boards. :D I never thought to come over and look.

All this time I thought it was failing. :rolleyes:

Thanks Aprille!! You taught a very old dog a new trick.

I was a red head and it has now naturally darkened with lots of grey. It is not the color. Repeat after me. We are wise in other things, if not computers. :D

We evidently do not see what crusinmama06 sees. I only see the code in that box. I do not see the clock until I hit preview. I have tried each way and no luck. The codes will not let me put them together. The code jumps right away from the other one. If I force it, all I get is a giant code and no clocks at all.

EDIT:

Do you see what is in my signature? It was not there when I hit preview in my signature? I don't know what did it? The Gremlins did it. :eek: I went to my signature and looked. Sure enough I had put just the beginning of the second clock code up against the end of the first clock code like Aprille said. [/img] But, when I would hit preview, it does not show the clocks side by side in the box. It only shows them next to each other in my postings on the boards. :D I never thought to come over and look.

IT WORKED....................Thanks April and Alexis..................CC buds are the best!!

I'm not as dumb as I thought I was...............and I can continue being a blond!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

IT WORKED....................Thanks April and Alexis..................CC buds are the best!!
Yahoo! :D But now your post is VERY wide! :eek: You need to go back in and re-insert a hard return between your 2nd and 3rd clocks. (Just go to the end of your 2nd clock and hit the enter key) Then you will have 2 rows of clocks and your posts won't be so wide they people have to scroll across to read. ;)

EDIT:

Mine don't show side by side in the Preview box either. I think it has to do with the size of the Preview box. If you maximize your window it should show properly in the Preview box.

See, ladies? It wasn't all that difficult now, was it? :) My instructions just made it seem more difficult than it really was. :p ;)

Okay, Patti - looking good! I see you went in and fixed your clocks to two rows now. :cool:

ETA: You might be able to go past that last countdown box and see if you have spaces/hard returns you can delete. Just go past the last clock, hold down the shift button and hit the down arrow. That should highlight everything past the clock. Then hit delete. :)

Yahoo! :D But now your post is VERY wide! :eek: You need to go back in and re-insert a hard return between your 2nd and 3rd clocks. (Just go to the end of your 2nd clock and hit the enter key) Then you will have 2 rows of clocks and your posts won't be so wide they people have to scroll across to read. ;)

I know what you are saying about wide........but on my screen it is just like everyone else's.......it does not overlap.

I went back and did what you said..............but from my screen I can't tell.

Okay, Patti - looking good! I see you went in and fixed your clocks to two rows now. :cool:

ETA: You might be able to go past that last countdown box and see if you have spaces/hard returns you can delete. Just go past the last clock, hold down the shift button and hit the down arrow. That should highlight everything past the clock. Then hit delete. :)

How's that??????????????

Patti - don't know if you were seeing something different than me but you sig is perfect now! :) Wish I had a 3rd & 4th clock to put in mine! :p ;)

Thanks Aprille so much for your help. I took your advice and sent an e-mail to Kat, our mod., and she was able to help me. Thanks again for your help.

Kerry

You're very welcome! Glad you got it fixed. :)

Mine don't show side by side in the Preview box either. I think it has to do with the size of the Preview box. If you maximize your window it should show properly in the Preview box.

See, ladies? It wasn't all that difficult now, was it? :) My instructions just made it seem more difficult than it really was. :p ;)

Patti - don't know if you were seeing something different than me but you sig is perfect now! Wish I had a 3rd & 4th clock to put in mine! :p ;)

Funny thing is..........I didn't have the foggiest idea of what I was doing............I guess I just follow directions well (of course, don't let my husband know as he has an entirely different opinion! )

But thanks again..............I tried to put the space in between clocks..........but for some reason that wasn't working for me. I'll just keep it the way it is.

Funny thing is..........I didn't have the foggiest idea of what I was doing............I guess I just follow directions well (of course, don't let my husband know as he has an entirely different opinion! )

But thanks again..............I tried to put the space in between clocks..........but for some reason that wasn't working for me. I'll just keep it the way it is.

I always knew you were one smart blond. ;)

We are just a little slower on a computer than others. :D

In my day the electric typewriter was a miracle. We had one in my typing class. :D

I always knew you were one smart blond. ;)

We are just a little slower on a computer than others. :D

In my day the electric typewriter was a miracle. We had one in my typing class. :D

Thanks for the compliment............I feel really good today..........I mastered the computer.

When I took typing in HS we had to use a Royal manual typewriter!! Imagine my surprise when I got my job right out of high school and learned that there were typewriters that actually plugged into a wall!! :eek: Boy, did my typing skills improve!!

Hey, I may be younger than y'all but I learned how to type on a manual typewriter too! We had one electric typewriter in our class and it was reserved for the fastest typing student. Dangit! I was only 2nd fastest. :p I think it was more a financial thing as electrics were definitely being used in much of the workforce at that time.

And when I learned computers (last 2 years of HS) it was on an old IBM keypunch machine. Those of you who weren't working on computers 30+ years ago probably won't know what those are. Let's just say you'd have to go to a museum to see one now! :o

Anyway, I think all of our sigs now look mah-va-las! :D

Hey, I may be younger than y'all but I learned how to type on a manual typewriter too! We had one electric typewriter in our class and it was reserved for the fastest typing student. Dangit! I was only 2nd fastest. :p I think it was more a financial thing as electrics were definitely being used in much of the workforce at that time.

And when I learned computers (last 2 years of HS) it was on an old IBM keypunch machine. Those of you who weren't working on computers 30+ years ago probably won't know what those are. Let's just say you'd have to go to a museum to see one now!

Anyway, I think all of our sigs now look mah-va-las!

Oh, but I do remember the IBM keypunch and cards and such...............only too well. Those were the days when we had to write our own programs....................and they worked!!!

There were computers 30+ years ago? :eek: :p Did you all have electricity back then? ;) :p

ROTF LOL Yep we sure did..........and I can remember riding on a bus for a nickel and the cost of gas was a whole lot cheaper!!!

For those of you that see only code in the Your Signature text box when trying to edit your signature, click the Switch Editor Mode icon (A/A) appearing in the right corner of the gray frame. You will be able to click back and forth if needed.

If you do not see the icon along with the other goodies that can be used on your posts & signatures in a gray frame, you will need to change your Message Editor Interface to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editor. You do this by clicking User CP then Edit Options. Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section. While you are there, you might see some other options you might want to change. When done, don't forget to click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

If anyone has any other questions about using the Cruise Critic software, click FAQ first. If you do not find what you are looking for, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature with your key word or words on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163. That way, you can see if your software inquiry topic has already been asked and answered before on the forum. And it probably has... many, many times! 05.gif If you still do not find a previous software inquiry and answer there that helps you, please feel free to post your new thread inquiry about the software on the forum and we will be happy to try to help you with a solution.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks Kat! I wondered why April was seeing code in her Edit Signature Box and I was seeing images. That makes sense :D

I'd like to thank Host Kat also. I was playing around with that (A/A) but every time I play around with something I end up making matter worse.

I'd like to thank Host Kat also. I was playing around with that (A/A) but every time I play around with something I end up making matter worse.

I have the same problem, except my matters have names...Son, Daughter...:eek:

BILL

Archived