Booked on South Bound Island Princess

RamRam

A group of us (3 couples and a friend - 7 total) are booked on south bound IP. Some of us are doing a week on land before the cruise. Both Alaska and going on cruise is first time for all of us. For the land portion, we are renting a car and our current plans include; Kenai Fords National Park cruise, driving around the peninsula, a day at Aleyeska Resort, then driving up to Talkeetna for a day with a plane ride around the Mt. McKinley, two days at Denali National park - shuttle bus into the park and a possible raft tour on Nennana River, drive back south and spend a day in Chickaloon/Matanuska Glacier, and get to Whittier for the cruise. If some of you seasoned cruiseers have any suggestions on the itinerary or do's/dont's, we'd greatly appreciate.

While on the cruise, we are still trying to decide whether to take the train/bus tour in Skagway or drive on Klondike Hwy to Emerald Lake, and whether to take Misty Fords Float Plane at Ketchikan. Have any of you receied any input on these options?

Soem of you have offered input on Train versus Driving at Skagway based on my posting from yesterday. Thank you so much!

We did an almost identical itinerary last June and had the vacation of a lifetime. If you're interested, click on the links to my trip review and/or photos below. It may give you some additional ideas, info.

How much time are you looking at?? With your list, you would be best with at least 9-10 days???

When are you going?

I suggest you firm up your routing and timing plans for interior Alaska FIRST, before any reservations are made that can not be canceled. Run it by this board, if you want accurate information on timing.

I also suggest, you not be too concerned about "group" touring from the cruise. Let people pick their own tours of interest, it is Very unlikely that everyone has the same interests. Look over a shore excursion list and narrow down your interests, then repost for specific information.

Archived