Coral Princess Pre-Cruise Stay

Go-Bucks!

I'll be on the Coral Princess embarking from Ft. Lauderdale. I've spent several hours doing Internet research and I'm getting sick of it. I want a decent hotel near airport/cruiseport with free shuttle to both and breakfast. Just for one night pre-cruise in Dec. 2008.

I'd love comments from those who've stayed in any of these so I can make up my mind - THANKS!!

1) Hyatt Place Airport ($197)

2) Ramada Inn Airport ($111)

3) Sleep Inn & Suites Airport ($108)

4) Comfort Inn Airport ($93)

5) Hampton Inn Plantation ($152)

6) La Quinta Hollywood ($107)

7) Hampton Inn Airport North ($134)

Others that I've considered but either have only shuttle service to one port or the other, or don't offer breakfast are: Springhill Suites Airport, Hampton Inn Airport, Extended Stay America, Rodeway Inn Airport, or the Holiday Inn Express Airport.

Any help is much appreciated!!!! :D

Extended Stay America is right on 17th and close to the port, shopping & great places to eat. It is clean and very reasonable (many times you can get this hotel on Hotwire for less than their web prices) Yes, you will have to pay taxi from the airport and to the pier but will be no more than $10 to either. We would rather stay close to the pier than by the airport, but that is personal preference.

When I first started cruising, I thought that shuttles were important but as the other poster pointed out, taxis are very inexpensive.

On one of my first trips to FLL, I waited 40 minutes for a free shuttle - definitely not worth it.

Also, on 17th Street - there are bakeries, bagel places and grocery stores where one can eat inexpensively for breakfast.

I would try to stay on 17th Street.

• 2 months later...

We are staying at the Sheraton Suite in Plantation, won it for $76 on Hotwire. With the money we are saving, we're renting a car, taking it back to the airport day of cruise and taking the free rental car shuttle to pier.

Wow, where did you get that quote? I've booked for Dec. 2008 at La Quinta Hollywood, and they quoted me $121 plus tax.

The date of the thread was back in May so maybe the hotel has increased its costs.

marilyn

The date of the thread was back in May so maybe the hotel has increased its costs.

marilyn

Well, as a matter of fact, I just checked La Quinta's website 10 min. ago for reservations on Dec. 8 (that's when we would be staying), and it was $80 per night if you are a member of AAA and $67 per night if you use the promotional code USTBLE (tax not included in those prices). So, it is a very reasonable rate. Anyone can use the promo code. I found it over on the East Coast Departures board.

Well, as a matter of fact, I just checked La Quinta's website 10 min. ago for reservations on Dec. 8 (that's when we would be staying), and it was $80 per night if you are a member of AAA and $67 per night if you use the promotional code USTBLE (tax not included in those prices). So, it is a very reasonable rate. Anyone can use the promo code. I found it over on the East Coast Departures board.

That is great that the rate is still reasonable. Maybe the above poster can still check it out.

Marilyn

Wow! So, I could cancel my present booking and rebook using that code? I am an AAA member as well, so if it doesn't work, I could still use that....Thanks for the info!:)

Archived