maiden name on passport?????

Hi guys just a quick question that someone may be able to help me with, my wife and i got married recently and my wifes passport has her maiden name on it, not even thinking i booked our next cruise under our married name not even thinking about the passport. My prob is the passport is only just over 18 months old and to change the name on a passport to the married name free of charge this must be done withing the first 12 months of marriage, but as this was not done it will cost $200 dollars to get a new one, i know it is only 200 dollars but when your saving every penny for your trip it seems like a whole lot more. Do you think that for this cruise i would be able to explain this to p&o and book my wife under her maiden name like our privious cruise together or will this also incure a fee for changing the booking name, any feedback would be greatly appreciated regards aussiescouser:confused:

Hi

For my sins, I am a T/A - what I suggest is:

1 - call P and O and advise the situation and they should be able to change the name as no documents have been issued

2 - If they cant change the name, ask if it is ok for your wife to travel on her passport in the maiden name as long as she travels with the original copy of your marriage certificate - this is what airlines normally require when a name is different.

All the best and enjoy your cruise

Michelle

Hi

For my sins, I am a T/A - what I suggest is:

1 - call P and O and advise the situation and they should be able to change the name as no documents have been issued

2 - If they cant change the name, ask if it is ok for your wife to travel on her passport in the maiden name as long as she travels with the original copy of your marriage certificate - this is what airlines normally require when a name is different.

All the best and enjoy your cruise

Michelle

AFAIK, the passport must match the name on the booking. I am sure P&O will be able to change the name on the booking, but there could be an admin fee attached.

AFAIK, the passport must match the name on the booking. I am sure P&O will be able to change the name on the booking, but there could be an admin fee attached.

According to the Booking Conditions in the new P&O Cruise Brochure;

"... it is essential that that your full passport name is given to P&O Cruises at the time of booking. One correction per booking to a passenger name before tickets/vouchers have been issued will be allowed witout charge. Additional changes will be subject to a $25 charge for each correction".

Changes made after tickets/vouchers have been issued will also be charged at $25 pp per correction.

So the easiest thing would be to contact P&O and give them your wife's name as is shown on her passport, before your tickets are issued.

Archived