Rhapsody bookings - be aware

We are booked on ROS on 2 December. Paid our deposits at the end of March. On the weekend I checked the RCI website and our booking appeared to have dropped off.

On Monday I contacted the RCI agent in Sydney and sure enough our booking had cancelled out of the system somehow. The agent told me it was a problem they had been having a lot lately.

We reinstated the booking quickly but it gave me a shock as if I hadn't noticed I may have had problems getting the booking back and getting the same sort of cabin - or even any cabin!!.

I'd suggest people keep an eye on their bookings. One problem I believe is that payments are entered in from the Miami headquarters. So although we paid our deposit way back, the reservation was still showing as "held" and may have had an automatic cancellation date.

We are booked on ROS on 2 December. Paid our deposits at the end of March. On the weekend I checked the RCI website and our booking appeared to have dropped off.

On Monday I contacted the RCI agent in Sydney and sure enough our booking had cancelled out of the system somehow. The agent told me it was a problem they had been having a lot lately.

We reinstated the booking quickly but it gave me a shock as if I hadn't noticed I may have had problems getting the booking back and getting the same sort of cabin - or even any cabin!!.

I'd suggest people keep an eye on their bookings. One problem I believe is that payments are entered in from the Miami headquarters. So although we paid our deposit way back, the reservation was still showing as "held" and may have had an automatic cancellation date.

:eek: - Glad you caught it before too late!

We made our deposit at the same time as the booking. It took 3 days to change from held to paid. We don't know if that is slowed by the T\A or having to pass through Discover the World in Sydney on to Miami. I think a cabin is only held for 7 days awaiting deposit, so that may need to be considered when booking.

I just checked my booking online to make sure, it's all fine.

I am pleased as I wasn't sure as I really thought I would have received an email confirming booking and receipt of payment, but never did. I also booked through discover the world marketing. I also paid the deposit on the day I booked.

Good follow up Baycruising! Lol our P&O personaliser show we have three cabins instead of the two because the youngest is free. He has his own twin cabin with a queen bed!haha.

My wife an i think he is just a little young to have his own love nest!:D Jokes about mirrored ceilings and red silk sheets have been flowing free and fast!

Barry White Jnr, just need to glue carpet to his chest!

Just and went and had a look at our reservations, well tried to anyway!!:rolleyes:

It came up with an error. That it was unable to retrieve our reservation and to contact Customer Service!!:eek:

An email has been sent off to Miami, and there will be a phone call made to Sydney tomorrow.

We already have done the online check-in and ready to print our Set Sail pass....yeah, sad I know!!!:p

My mum won't be too happy if they cancelled us!!!:eek:

Just and went and had a look at our reservations, well tried to anyway!!:rolleyes:

It came up with an error. That it was unable to retrieve our reservation and to contact Customer Service!!:eek:

An email has been sent off to Miami, and there will be a phone call made to Sydney tomorrow.

We already have done the online check-in and ready to print our Set Sail pass....yeah, sad I know!!!:p

My mum won't be too happy if they cancelled us!!!:eek:

Hi Jarrod

If you find your booking has been cancelled just be quietly insistent that you have a booking. If they say it has been cancelled, do not accept that. It sounds from your message that you have paid, so insist on your rights. If they cannot do anything for you, you should be entitled to a full refund plus a free cruise in the future.

All the best with this and have a fantastic cruise. :):)

Thanks for the warning, I've just checked mine and it's still there but I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on the reservation to make sure it doesn't drop out. :)

Archived