Very Low H2o Level -cave Tubing?

BRIFRO

recently, Does Anyone Recall The Lowest Water Levels On Their Cave Tubing Excursion? Is It Now More Work Than Floating?

is It Still Safe To Jump In From The Cliff?

always Best Regards, Brifro

No one was jumping in last week. I didn't even see a "cliff" from which to jump. Are you talking about when you first cross the river and then start on the walk? Because when we ended, it was back there, and a few guys did jump from the swinging rope that they had (once they got it unhooked from a branch).

The water was very low at points. But had there not been a million tubes in the caves at once, there probably would've been enough room to float down. We only had to get out once and walk, but there were several places after we exited the caves that were very shallow. You could "push" off with your feet or hands, though, to get unstuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Just there the first week in June on the Legend - and the tropical storm 'Arthur' helped to raise the water levels. The cliff was there and people were jumping off. Lots of fun! I can't imagine doing it with the water level low? Seems like you would be 'butts-up' the whole time.

Hubby and oldest son were there the middle part of May and it was very low.

They still had a good time, but they were really glad they had the guides to pull them through and did not have to do the work themselves.

Some folks from the ship excursion were trying to grab onto Yhony's "train". Yhony's guides really keep things moving.

I was just there last wednesday, less than a week ago. The water was very low in spots (ankle deep), but our guides kept us away from those areas (guides via Major Tom). People were still jumping off the rocks into the water. I saw dozens of people jump, nobody got hurt.

If Major Tom or any of his guides were allowing their guests to jump from the rocks (or cliff as commonly referred to !) I would be very surprised.

I know when touring with Major Tom in the past he personally did not allow guests to jump off any rocks due to safety issues and I am sure he will be disappointed if any of his guides are allowing this to occur.

Just checked with Major Tom regarding "Jumping from Rocks" and here is his response:

Curtis:

People were truly requesting a jump off point, so we tied a strong rope to a tree next to a big rock, and have people swinging off the rock about 6 feet high, from the rope and sort of "sliding" into water about 8 feet deep, if they choose to get "daring" :D

This is safe, as it is not exactly "leaping" of a rock, but just "roping" into the water. More wet fun than anything else.

But the usual "rock" you refer to that have been reported people climb on to, is not being used by us, as the water there is considered always too shallow for jumpers and dangerous !

Just wanted to update those curious about this and the safety methods that Major Tom prescribes to for his guests safety. :D

Archived