what are your favorite...

What are your favorite "no additional cost" or even low cost things to do on cruises? I think it is fun to hear what others do for "cheap thrills" so to speak. I have never been on a cruise before so am curious! When my husband and I travel we often find that our best memories come from silly little activities where we met other interesting people or ate a local delicacy etc. Sometimes our best memories are feeding birds at a fountain or getting lost, I am wondering what your favorites are?

We really like the Love and Marriage game and Quest. Quest was our favorite of all shows and games. We also liked having 24/7 room service. Once we would get back to the room at night, we would order cookies and hot chocolate. In the mornings we would get the fruit tray to nibble on while waking up and getting ready for our next "adventure". And you can't beat sitting by the pool drinking a BBC.

Love and Marriage game show is always a hit. It's so hilarious & we always are in stitches, even if the questions are always similar!

And I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I love just walking around the deck around the whole of the ship - any time of day while we're sailing. I just love it!

I really enjoy the show too. I agree, you paid for them, so try them.

One thing, you paid for your cruise and it does not hurt to try new things. If there is something on the menu you have never tried, try it!!! Order it and something you know you would like. Who knows you might like it.

The following are my favorite free things to do on Royal Caribbean:

*Finding a good spot to see sunsets.

*Enjoying frozen yogurt during a hot day.

*Star Gazing

*The Quest

*Jogging outside while the ship is moving

*Finding a peaceful place with a nice view of the ocean to read

*Rock Climbing

*Mini Golf

Favorite low cost activity:

*Dinner at a specialty restaurant

For me, there is nothing like walking on deck at night with my DW. It is easy to find quiet places. We just hold each other and stare out at the sea and the moonlight sparkling on the waves. That is priceless! So many people are scurrying from one venue to the next, the upper decks are often fairly vacant.

We enjoy the view from our balcony, but what a feeling of luxury to be strolling nearly deserted decks at night on an RCI ship at sea. Add getting dressed up and a glass of champagne on a formal night and you feel like the wealthiest person alive. Of all my cruise memories, those quiet moments are the ones I always remember! :)

Eric

I love to sit on my balcony at night and watch ships in the night There is usually always one off in the distance and they are beautiful all lit up. Also, having morning coffe with my DH on the balcony . The funniest though is watching the people from the ship while they are hurrying back to get on before we leave a port. There are always a few runners and a few drunks being helped back....Hilarious!!:D

We love trivia, too, and dance classes!

Also, we love competing for those Gold, Silver and Bronze RCI medals in the games such as ring toss, bean bag throw, putt putt challenge, etc.

Then we take our ship shape dollars from the dance classes and the other activities and cash them in for little Ship Shape items (visors, towel, etc.) But I hear that programs changing.

DH and I love the Trivia and Dance classes as well! We always check the cruise compass for them. We love the shows and we love dancing. On our last cruise they had a big band thing for an hour or so with a live band and we just danced and danced. We enjoy the Solarium too when we don't have our little guy with us--I love the Solarium pool's atmosphere. You can't beat a sunset on a cruise too, walking the deck watching the sun go down is just wonderful.

Kerrie:)

What are your favorite "no additional cost" or even low cost things to do on cruises? I think it is fun to hear what others do for "cheap thrills" so to speak. I have never been on a cruise before so am curious! When my husband and I travel we often find that our best memories come from silly little activities where we met other interesting people or ate a local delicacy etc. Sometimes our best memories are feeding birds at a fountain or getting lost, I am wondering what your favorites are?

I love to just find a nice place to sit and read my book. Or stroll around the deck in the early hours of morning or when the moon is bright at night.

The best advice I ever got before going on my first cruise was.............DON'T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING, The cruiseline will have a bunch of different things to do through out the day and if you try to do it all you will end up exhausted. Pick the few things you enjoy and then spend time just relaxing. Be ready to book your next cruise when you get back or you will have a bad case of PCD

(Allison: - love the kitty cat pic. Adorable!)

My DH and I enjoy every moment it seems of the cruise experiencel THe days just fly by - we tend to set up our own shore excursions as we get a better price that way, and I have to agree about the dance classes - they are a lot of fun. Just check and see what of the daily activities appeal to you and try them out. Have fun.

Midnight swim on a warm Caribbean night

Watching the sunsets from our balcony and relaxing before a late dinner

Going to a different place to dine each evening so never in the same place 2 nights in a row

Going to the bow on calm days at sea and sitting in the sun

Exploring ports on our own and going to our favorite places in the ones we know well

Relaxing out on deck 4 with a drink after dinner and talking with friends and watching the lights of the islands as we sail by

Mini golf

Enjoying the view and music in Dizzy's

Reading/napping:) on our balcony in the afternoon

Archived