Ordering Cartouches

Mapu

What is the best way to order? Do you order before you leave the USA or do you order in Egypt? We will be leaving the ship in Alexandria for a tour with Nile Blue Tours and the boarding the next evening in Port Said. I have been sent some attachments with pictures but frankly I have a hard time ordering this way. Any advise?

I ordered 9 or 10 before our overnite with Nile Blue Tours (Christmas gifts for grandchildren), and they are fantastic. They were delivered during the tour and we didn't have to stand in line or wait in any store for them. I am sure the pictures/brochure you received are from the same place we got ours ordered from.

If you look down to the bottom of this first page, or possibly the top of the second page, I posted a picture of both mine and my husbands on the thread titled 'ordering a cartouche". Also, I placed a UK coin next to them so the poster asking about them could have a better idea of their size in comparison.

If you need the exact order number on the brochure, I think I still have it in my paperwork. It will give you the idea of size vs price (which I might add is very reasonable).

I am so glad we pre-ordered as the tour is quite busy and it would have been very difficult to find the time to wait for them to be made. The tour is great, but it is a very full two days without much time to spare.

I got this tip from a gal from Australia (thanks, Joy) I have been corresponding with through email for our upcoming trip to Egypt. She was in Egypt last September. Her party found that ordering cartouches through the website below was a good deal. At least be familiar with the prices here when comparing to the ones for the cartouches you might order on the spot in Egypt:

http://www.gouzlan.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SC

Anybody else have actual prices when buying them in Egypt?

I ordered 9 or 10 before our overnite with Nile Blue Tours (Christmas gifts for grandchildren), and they are fantastic. They were delivered during the tour and we didn't have to stand in line or wait in any store for them. I am sure the pictures/brochure you received are from the same place we got ours ordered from.

If you look down to the bottom of this first page, or possibly the top of the second page, I posted a picture of both mine and my husbands on the thread titled 'ordering a cartouche". Also, I placed a UK coin next to them so the poster asking about them could have a better idea of their size in comparison.

If you need the exact order number on the brochure, I think I still have it in my paperwork. It will give you the idea of size vs price (which I might add is very reasonable).

I am so glad we pre-ordered as the tour is quite busy and it would have been very difficult to find the time to wait for them to be made. The tour is great, but it is a very full two days without much time to spare.

How did you pay for them? Could you use a credit card?

If I remember correctly, as we stopped at the store for Hazem to pick up all of the cartouches ordered by our bus, it was announced that if anyone wanted to pay with a credit card, they had to go into the store right then so the clerk could run the card. Anyone wanting to pay in cash could wait until we boarded our lunch cruise where they would be delivered.

We paid in cash (I used a money pouch worn under my clothes).

Toto, if it is not too much trouble could you post your photos here? Or put a link to your original post. Thanks.

No problem.

The larger of the two is the silver with gold lettering, that was number 58 on the order form. The smaller is the plain gold (I am allergic to silver), that was number 100 on the order form. I also ordered serveral number 55's which were about the same size as the number 58, only all silver and much less expensive.

773802250_Cartouches004.jpg.ac3050c7e911c1dfaa3eec91c862c3ea.jpg

Archived