Flight Out Of Fort Lauderdale?

If you have checked luggage I don't think you can make it. If you have just a carry on - I think you would be pushing it. Any little glitch getting to port that morning and you are screwed.

Getting off the ship depends on how quickly you get through customs. Our last cruise (March), no one got off until after 9 am. Even those who carried their own stuff. I wouldn't chance such an early flight.

10 am will most likely be too early concidering you should be there at least 2 hours in advance for international flights, and an hour for domestic. So your looking 8 or 9 am and the boat dont dock untill 7. That gives you and hour. Then you still have to go through customs and baggage claim, then ride to the airport. To be safe I would push the flight back till at least noon.

Monarch of the Seas June 2002

Liberty of the Seas August 2007

Liberty of the Seas February 2008

When I fly out of FLL from a cruise I won't take a flight that leaves before 11:20. There's just too much to chance going any earlier for me to be comfortable. You never know when you'll get a traffic accident, immigration computers will shut down, a problem with a taxi, bad weather, etc.

FLL is one of the worst airports to get thru when a few cruise ships arrive. Others are correct, they just can't handle it.

We spent, and I am not kidding, 2.5 hours in lines before we even got to the gate. They went thru each and every piece of luggage that was being checked while everyone was still in line. It was a nightmare. Not only that, but I happen to look at our boarding passes that they handed me and they weren't ours. They were for someone else with the same last name. That took awhile to straighten out as well.

I would get a later flight........

I just returned this past weekend from my cruise and we also had a flight out of FLL. We did the express check off and carried our own luggage. The time to go through customs wasn't bad at all and we were at the airport around 8 am. Our flight wasn't until 11:15 so there was alot of waiting. :p

I just returned this past weekend from my cruise and we also had a flight out of FLL. We did the express check off and carried our own luggage. The time to go through customs wasn't bad at all and we were at the airport around 8 am. Our flight wasn't until 11:15 so there was alot of waiting. :p

That's good to hear because I'm booked on the October 13 Enchantment cruise and my departure flight is at 11 am. I started getting nervous reading some of these posts. The RCL website said 11 am was the earliest flight I could take and I've asked on here before. The responses were that it would be tight but generally doable. I plan on walking off with the luggage anyway and taking a cab to the airport.

Wish me luck....;)

That's good to hear because I'm booked on the October 13 Enchantment cruise and my departure flight is at 11 am. I started getting nervous reading some of these posts. The RCL website said 11 am was the earliest flight I could take and I've asked on here before. The responses were that it would be tight but generally doable. I plan on walking off with the luggage anyway and taking a cab to the airport.

Wish me luck....;)

It can vary by the cruise and what is going on. Back in November, we were on the Navigator and did self debarkation. By the time that we were off the ship and through immigration/customs, it was after 10:00 and we were one of the first to leave the ship.

When I cruised Majesty I made a 10am Miami flight with a couple of hours to spare- but when I tried to do the same after our Enchantment cruise from FLL it made me very nervous wondering if we were going to make it- we docked at 0700 but for whatever reason they didn't open the gangway until 0830 and then it was a free for all- we did the self assist with luggage but when we finally got off there were just two customs agents, that was slowing everything down- so I would say if you are not the nervous type and there is a Plan B you can fall back on go for it.........

so I would say if you are not the nervous type and there is a Plan B you can fall back on go for it.........

My only plan B is to book two tickets at the airport if we miss the flight! At least I would earn some points.... ;)

Archived