Princess air

betmust

Hi

First I have found this site to be a wealth of information so thank you everyone.

I am doing an Alaska land tour/cruise in August on the Diamond. I bought air through Princess and actually my flights are not bad. My only question (for now)is when the ship gets into vancouver, what time will we be allowed off. I have a flight time of 11:00 to come home-will I have enough time? Anyone know how far it is from there to the airport?

Thanks in advance

Bette

I am doing an Alaska land tour/cruise in August on the Diamond. I bought air through Princess and actually my flights are not bad. My only question (for now)is when the ship gets into vancouver, what time will we be allowed off. I have a flight time of 11:00 to come home-will I have enough time? Anyone know how far it is from there to the airport?
With an 11AM flight, you will most likely be among the first off the ship. The airport isn't far but check-in is horrible, i.e., it can take two hours just to check in. You go through U.S. Customs & Immigration at the Vancouver airport which can take another 30 - 45 minutes to get through. It'll depend on the number of cruise ships arriving in port the same day.

The one nice thing about booking Princess air is that they are aware of your travel schedule and will make sure to get where you need to be in enough time. This is also why we usually get the Princess transfers as well. yes, there are cheaper ways to do it, but it's my vacation and it's nice not to have to worry about getting from Point A to Point B.

Betmust -

I don't know the date of your cruise. If it happens to be Aug. 16 on the Diamond, please join the roll call - my sister , BIL, his sister and DH, and my mother will be on that cruise as well.

I know that just my sister and her DH will be doing a land tour as well - just curious. In case this is the same date check out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=699044

Have a great cruise!

Kaye

I am now doing almost all Princess Cruise Air, with transfers. With all the problems the airlines are having it is not worth the few dollars you may save. If they screw up or the airline (ie cancel flights) they work it out for you. My wife works part time at a travel agency trust me it is worth the extra cost these days...

Thanks for your replies. I think Princess knows what they are doing.

I am on the Diamond SB August 9 - 16.

I thought I saw a roll call before but now I cannot find it. Anyone out there on this cruise? Should I start a new one?

Bette

Archived