if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

How in the world do you remember these folks???? I've forgotten their names by the next week (if I've remembered it that long).

Because this is a website for obsessed cruisers, lives sadly revolve around this stuff, hey I guess that's me too, ha!

Hands down, such an easy choice, his name was Warren....we had him on our first cruise (Grandeur) and then again on Empress on our third. I forget his last name, but on our Empress cruise, I wrote a positive letter to RCL telling them that we appreciated the guy for all that he did.

During a real fire onboard, we watched him climb stairs (faster than anyone I've seen go up stairs before) to the scene to assist....he was always the center of attention, was always there and working around the ship. I have never seen anyone so actively involved in practically everything.

This guy is dedicated.....you can't miss him!

He was great on our Empress cruise last summer (07). We enjoyed chatting with him. I heard from a third party that he may do the Radiance South American cruises.

I enjoyed Kirk Detweiler the most, probably because he was our very first cruise director on the Emerald Seas in 1991( Admiral Cruise lines- the old liberty ship) and has been very easy to visit with, as well as running many activities on the ship. We got reacquainted last year while he was on the Voyager. We also like his music.

I have liked all of our RC CD's as well. However, if I had to vote for just one, then I need to cast my vote for Warren, who was on "Empress of the Seas" last summer. His concern for everybody was so genuine! Wonderful guy!

Here's another vote for Kieron Buffery. I'll admit I've only been on one RCI cruise on the Vision. Don't remember the cruise director on that one but I do remember we didn't like him. But we were on two NCL cruises with Kieron and thought that he was great. Personable, performer and took care of guests. They had a glow stick party. Asked him for some glow sticks for my son. He said that they were out but had some delivered to our cabin the next day. Quite nice. So far of all of our cruises (not that many) he's our favorite.

Out of 26 cruises:::::::::

Clo, Karen Mayberry, Kieron, James Andrews .... All fantastic

Bill Brunkhorst boring

Abe...... worst! great on stage but no activites!!!!

never had bobby Brown but met him on jewel recently and enjoyed him!

The ones we've had have all been so different--

We had Graham twice and enjoyed him immensely. He's probably our favorite. We would go to breakfast and then come back to see his "Be Very Afraid" morning show. Wouldn't go back out until we had, and often watched it twice.:D I suppose his British humor is an acquired taste. Not all that accessible when "off", nor did we particularly need/want him to be.

Jimmy Rhodes looked to have all the potential in the world...:confused:

Carly B on Serenade came off as the hardest working CD we've had yet. Also was the most accessible, and was extremely responsive on the couple of times when we asked her for/about things.

For the most part, we respect the CD's from a distance. We don't expect them to become our best friends while aboard, nor do we think they're going to differentiate us from the thousands of people they work for during months of sailings. The public (we call it "Circus Barker") aspect of their jobs that cruisers see is only a portion of their responsibility. They manage huge staffs and oversee decisions pertaining to multi-million dollar budgets. One day when our ship couldn't dock at Barbados, the morning scramble that Carly B and her staff had to put in must've been incredible.

It's why they work odd contracts where they sail for a few months and then are off for a few. The pace is unbelieveable.

We've had a few great ones, but the two best are Marc Walker and Carly Boileau. They are fun without demanding to be the centre of attention at every possible moment. We like Ken Rush and Graham Seymour, too.

The only CD we thought wasn't actually good was Dennis Sciortino, who was so gregarious and annoying that we were really put off. He's the life of the party, presuming it's the party that's gonig on in his own head.

yes he still with rccl he on vacantion when he comes back he will be the cruise director on the independance of the sea when ken rush goes on vacantion

progress.gif

Hands down..We were on the Navigator in '06 with Graham Seymour and he was great:) .

Question: Does anyone know when Graham with be on? We are on April 4, 2009 Eastern on the Independence. I will keep my fingers crossed that it will be him?

I'm with you about Kirk Detweiler, he was our CD on our first trip on the Mariner, super entertainer and all round nice person

Second would be Becky, (can't remember her last name) but she was British, she was the most energetic person, dancer, all round master of ceremonies (did a superb job on the Newleywed game)

And last but not least our favorite - Drew Devine on our last cruise (of course he's Canadian and from Toronto so that makes him extra special) He handled a small problem we had while on board with one of the staff and we certainly appreciated it.

All round entertainer though was Kirk

Kieron Buffery, Hands down the best for us. Spent 5 weeks with him on the Navigator, closely followed by Gordon Whatman. Spent 4 weeks with him, 2 on the Radience and 2 on the Legend.

The worst from or point of view was Eric Downs, had to put up with him for 3 weeks on the Explorer in Mar 07.

They are both English and so are we so that maybe why we like them.

my vote goes to Graham. Loved his morning show.

It's a good thing that there are so many different types of CDs. My worst is someone else's best!!!!

Update on the list below. Keith Williams is on Rhapsody now:( wish his contract would be up by the time we sail, but I don't think so. He isn't the worst I've seen, at least.

Adventure of the Seas

Mike Szwajkowski (Confirmed 3/2008)

Brilliance of the Seas

Bill Brunkhorst (Confirmed 4-14-08)

Empress Of the Seas

OUT OF FLEET

Enchantment of the Seas

Marc Walker (1/2008)

Explorer of the Seas

Mike Hunnerup (As of 4/11/2008)

Freedom of the Seas

Richard Spacey (3/30/2008)

Grandeur of the Seas

Simon (Baker i believe) (3/22/2008)

Independence of the Seas

Ken Rush

Jewel of the Seas

Bobby Brown (Starting 4/15/08)

Bobby to move to Legend Fall 08 (Per Bobby Brown)

Legend of the Seas

Mercedes LaFuente (Confirmed 2/2008)

Liberty of the Seas

Allan Brooks (updated 4/28/2008)

Majesty of the Seas

Jimmy Rhodes (Confirmed 4/4/2008)

Mariner of the Seas

Drew Devine (Confirmed 3/2008)

Monarch of the Seas

Johnny O (updated 3/2008))

Navigator Of The Seas

Kieron Buffery (STARTING 4/4/2008)

Radiance of the Seas

Kirk Detweiler (Confirmed 3/23)

Rhapsody of the Seas

Matt Sole (Confirmed 3/2008)

Serenade of the Seas

Carly Boileau (confirmed Dec 1, 2007)

Sovereign of the Seas

Chris Northey (Confirmed 4/14/08)

Splendour of the Seas

Jill Tasker (confirmed 4/2008)

Vision of the Seas

John Blair (Confirmed 3/23/2008)

Voyager of the Seas

Leo Papa (Starting 4/6/2008)

my vote goes to Graham. Loved his morning show.

It's a good thing that there are so many different types of CDs. My worst is someone else's best!!!!

Update on the list below. Keith Williams is on Rhapsody now:( wish his contract would be up by the time we sail, but I don't think so. He isn't the worst I've seen, at least.

Adventure of the Seas

Mike Szwajkowski (Confirmed 3/2008)

Brilliance of the Seas

Bill Brunkhorst (Confirmed 4-14-08)

Empress Of the Seas

OUT OF FLEET

Enchantment of the Seas

Marc Walker (Confirmed 5/12/2008)

Explorer of the Seas

Mike Hunnerup (As of 4/11/2008)

Freedom of the Seas

Richard Spacey (3/30/2008)

Grandeur of the Seas

Simon Baker (still on as of 5/1/08)

Independence of the Seas

Ken Rush

Jewel of the Seas

Bobby Brown (Starting 4/15/08)

Bobby to move to Legend Fall 08 (Per Bobby Brown)

Legend of the Seas

Mercedes LaFuente (Confirmed 2/2008)

Liberty of the Seas

Allan Brooks (updated 4/28/2008)

Majesty of the Seas

Jimmy Rhodes (Confirmed 4/4/2008)

Mariner of the Seas

Drew Devine (Confirmed 3/2008)

Monarch of the Seas

Johnny O (updated 3/2008))

Navigator Of The Seas

Kieron Buffery (STARTING 4/4/2008)

Radiance of the Seas

Kirk Detweiler (Confirmed 3/23)

Rhapsody of the Seas

Keith Williams (As of 5/23/2008)

Serenade of the Seas

Carly Boileau (confirmed Dec 1, 2007)

Sovereign of the Seas

Chris Northey (Confirmed 4/14/08)

Splendour of the Seas

Jill Tasker (confirmed 4/2008)

Vision of the Seas

John Blair (Confirmed 3/23/2008)

Voyager of the Seas

Leo Papa (Starting 4/6/2008)

:)

We were with him on our 1st TA in Nov 06 and when you are at see for 11 nights, you can only hope for a CD as good as he is. His sense of humor had us laughing so hard we would have tears in our eyes. We missed the morning show on our cruise, but have the CD which has a few episodes. He has a great voice and a wonderful late night comedy routine that will make your tummy hurt from so much laughter. The rumor is that he will be on our Independence TA this November, and we could not be happier. In all our 25+ cruises, he has been the best.